Default Head Unit Wiring Question

I think I might have missed something when I added the new amp, speakers and battery. What is the preferred method for moving the wiring on the head unit to the new battery? I'm assuming you do so that all the audio is on the same battery, separate from the engine and other accessories. I haven't looked at it recently, but is there a power and ground that needs to be moved? I've also got a remote switch for the HU by the throttle. How is the wiring handled for that?

Thanks. Just need some help thinking this through.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Ron,

The goal is to have all of the audio gear share the same battery source. Exactly how this gets wired will depend on your battery bank and switch setup. You may not need to do anything, then again, you may need to pull the head-unit's yellow B+ and relocate it.

A turn-on toggle switch for the head-unit has no bearing on the head-units B+ and GND. The turn-on wire is a small red wire and is just a 12 volt trigger to tell the head-unit to wake up.

Default Head Unit Wiring Question

So you wouldn't worry about the turn on wire pulling from the house battery? I guess that is what I was really asking. I think I moved the HU + already but I will check it.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Nope, I would not sweat the turn-on wire. Its not part of the signal path, so no chance of noise being introduced. It draw squat current wise, so it will not draw down what ever battery bank its on. If your boat is utilizing a traditional dual battery switch (OFF/1/BOTH/2) and no ACR/VSR, then the audio equipment should all be pulling off the C post of the switch. In this case, everything is sharing the same battery......which ever one you have the switch turned to.