Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default My heart is whole again... NEW BOAT!

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    J looks like I wasn't so fortunate on the other side of the boat! Took me about 4 hrs between 2 days to get that Mobius decal off! That side of the boat it noticeably faded. I tried a small buffer attachment for me cordless drill with some compound... It's not going to do the trick and I have no more spare time to try it on my own. Guess I'm going to drop it off at the detail shop in the morning and let them try with their high powered toys!! 😥
    sounds weird that one side was easy to remove and blemish free and the other not so much. hope the boat wasn't damaged then repaired, thus having new stickers put on which come off easy? maybe the hard to remove side faced the TX sun in the lift and just baked it on?

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    maybe the hard to remove side faced the TX sun in the lift and just baked it on?
    Bet this is correct and the way it sat on the lift left one side more exposed than the other.

Yea I went back through the original pics sent from the owner to the dealer and his lift was at the end of the dock. The easy to remove side with no fading was the inside side of the boat. The hard to remove side with the fading was facing the east sunrise every morning. Good call guys!
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Don't sweat it. If the detail shop is worth anything, they will have your boat looking brand new.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Don't sweat it. If the detail shop is worth anything, they will have your boat looking brand new.
    Ohhh yeaaaa I'm not too worried. It's not THAT bad anyway, but I gave it a good hour of compounding and wasn't getting much results so I'm gonna leave it to the pros since I'm outta free time. Time is money these days, sometimes it's best for me to throw out the dough rather than spend the long hours doing it myself... Plus there's plenty of other projects I have coming that will require my time (LEDs/Dash lights/Courtesy lights , Upgrade Prop, Cutting the cooler out, Upgrade Ballast, Swivel Board Racks, possibly do a swivel seat... Just to name a few) haha you guys make it all seem so easy....
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...