Default nautic Laugic GPS paddlewheel upgrade.

Has anyone upgraded the paddlewheel with this GPS unit? Is it a big improvement over the paddlewheel? http://nauticlaugic.com/nl4-sc%20packages.html
    James
    2014 Mondo
    93 Four Winns 180 Freedom Sold

Yes I did that last year on my Mojo
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Was it a big improvement over the paddlewheel? Do you have any problems with it syncing? The cost seems pretty reasonable. I would appreciate your opinion if it is worth it or not.
    James
    2014 Mondo

I thought I had a thread or something about my install but I can't seem to find it.

It is a true plug and play system.

You will need to fish the line from the dash back to the paddle wheel. I pulled the floor up, then on my depth gauge it had so much extra wire I taped the paddle wheel connector to that line and was able to pull it into the floor where the fuel tank is at. After that its just a short run to the paddle wheel connector.

You plug it in there, and then again behind the dash. Mount the GPS unit, I mounted mine in front of the windshield, I fished it up through the air intake vent.

Once on the water, start the boat, everything will work as normal except you will be on GPS speed not Paddle wheel. I downloaded Speedometer GPS on my phone and used that to dial it in. If i recall I had to adjust the dash display 2 mph down which you do with the internal settings. Then I adjusted the analog speedo using the dial under the dash.

Pretty simple install.

Absolutely love it, we had no issues using it all year last year. Really made our surfing and wake boarding speeds really consistent over the previous years
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks I appreciate the information. Looks like I have a project before the warm weather arrives.
    James
    2014 Mondo