Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Autoflow 2.0 vs. WaveControl (aka GoSurfAssist)

So, the two frontrunners for surf systems (for me) right now are the Wave Control that Wakemakers is selling (formerly GoSurfAssist).

Wave Control is now the OEM system for the MB Sports boats.
    http://www.wakemakers.com/wavecontrol
    http://www.gosurfassist.com/

Most of us should be familiar with the Autoflow 2.0 as it's the OEM system that's on the Moomba boats. Wakeland Mfg made the Flow, Autoflow, and Autoflow 2.0 for Moomba and is also making retrofits for a handful of models. Wakeland Mfg told me that they're going to be putting out an Autoflow system for the XLV in April... They wouldn't give me pricing or anything else on it. But they did say April.
    http://www.wakelandmfg.com/#!product/c66t

I did have the Super Sac'R surf system that's on the Bryant boats in the running (I saw them at the boat show), but they are only going to sell to dealers and having that dealer markup and possibly a dealer required install is a deal breaker for me. So for me, it's WaveControl vs. Autoflow vs. build one myself...

So, I'm VERY interested in comparing and contrasting the WaveControl/GoSurfAssist vs. the Autoflow 2.0

I figure it's worth a separate thread instead of hijacking existing threads... Please add your thoughts and discussion here!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I think that the Wakeland Autoflow controller looks pretty slick and has GPS and transfer buttons. I would be happy with it.

The Wakeland Surf Control (WSC) is mounted on your dash. This stylish controller has everything you need to have a great time on the lake. With a built in GPS it has more safety features than you will ever need. The simplicity of setting up each wave couldn't be any easier. Simply press which side you would like to surf and the blades will deploy, allowing you to have totally clean, long waves with your ballast nearly totally even side to side. Should you want to transfer all you have to do is press the other surf tab and watch the wave form on the other side

Although the WaveControl controller looks like it'd be just as good.

Wave Tuner Control

The faceplate with a three button design reduces interface complexity for the best user experience. LED lit switches will provide critical information about what side the system is serving. Precision Wave Tuning will dramatically change the shape through the potentiometer knob in the center.
    I will give the WaveControl an advantage in that they have a remote control for the rider to do side-to-side transfers...

Convenient Side-To-Side Transfers

Stop wasting time switching your ballast from one side to the next and start surfing more with WaveControl. With the push of a button on the WaveTuner or rider controlled remote, you can transfer the waves momentum from one side to the next in under 3 seconds. With WaveControl, the boat is weighted symmetrically and you pick which side to surf on instantly!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Good call on seperate thread. From what I'm seeing ...

Wakemakers (gosurfassist) looks like a more robust system than the Wakeland. Mostly in size of tabs.

It seems like the costs quoted are about the same on Wakemakers vs Wakeland. I was told approx 4k on an aftermarket install with the Wakeland. They claimed to have inflated hours in that cost and once they had the process fine tuned, they expect it to be a little cheaper.

I'm not sure either are worth comparing to Flow2.0 since it's a factory option? Is it confirmed that Flow1.0 can be upgraded to Flow2.0?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Good call on seperate thread. From what I'm seeing ...

Wakemakers (gosurfassist) looks like a more robust system than the Wakeland. Mostly in size of tabs.

It seems like the costs quoted are about the same on Wakemakers vs Wakeland. I was told approx 4k on an aftermarket install with the Wakeland. They claimed to have inflated hours in that cost and once they had the process fine tuned, they expect it to be a little cheaper.

I'm not sure either are worth comparing to Flow2.0 since it's a factory option? Is it confirmed that Flow1.0 can be upgraded to Flow2.0?
    Was that $4k INSTALLED or just for the system with YOU installing it?

Look at Wakeland's website. Wakeland IS Autoflow. They make it for Moomba.
    http://www.wakelandmfg.com/#!oem/c1grr

History:

Wakeland Manufacturing has been in a close working relationship for the past 15 years with Skier's Choice developing the plates for Flow, AutoFlow and AutoFlow 2 Surf Systems which have been enormously successful for Moomba Boats.

We started making surf systems for Skiers Choice back with the original manual FLOW surf system. As we quickly learned that the market was wanting an automatic system we designed and released AutoFlow. This new automated system was welcomed by the market in ways we could only dream of.

So where do you go from there? Well we strive for continuous improvement, so we designed and released AutoFlow 2.
    And yes, the difference in Autoflow vs. Autoflow 2.0 is supposed to be just the tabs and one member on here has done it.
    Last edited by trayson; 01-22-2016 at 02:07 PM.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Yes, I understand it's the same manufacturer. I just didn't see them as comparable customers as the Flow is factory and opinions on it will be based on the new hulls, not the hulls they are trying to retrofit the non OEM flow to.

From pics ... I think the Wakemakers system looks more like Flow2.0 because of the larger tabs. Surely there is an improvement between Flow1.0 and Flow2.0. At same price, I'd lean Wakemakers, based on what I've only seen.
    2016 Moomba Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Yes, I understand it's the same manufacturer. I just didn't see them as comparable customers as the Flow is factory and opinions on it will be based on the new hulls, not the hulls they are trying to retrofit the non OEM flow to.

From pics ... I think the Wakemakers system looks more like Flow2.0 because of the larger tabs. Surely there is an improvement between Flow1.0 and Flow2.0. At same price, I'd lean Wakemakers, based on what I've only seen.
    It might just come down to that. "at the same price".

Yeah, you're right the WaveControl's tabs are meaty and have that second flap that's adjustable. And they have the side-to-Side remote control. beyond that, they're pretty darn similar.

I look forward to finding out what kind of pricing Wakeland is going to put out on a retrofit system. They told me that they'll be having an XLV system in April and wouldn't give me ANY pricing info.

We all know that the Wakemakers WaveControl is listed at $5k (uninstalled) and that they had it on sale for $4k for Black Friday. That's still REALLY expensive IMO. I think that the price point for a surf system should more more around $2k to $3k. It's just a painful markup when they're $4k to $5k. BooneJeepin built his own with the Lenco LED controller and he's into his for under $1k.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Trayson,

for what I understood from them and my SC rep it should be around 4k installed from wake land mfg but it will have to be installed by an sc dealer, the trick for the xlv is the cut out in the rear of the hull and the mounting bracket for the actuators.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Trayson,

for what I understood from them and my SC rep it should be around 4k installed from wake land mfg but it will have to be installed by an sc dealer, the trick for the xlv is the cut out in the rear of the hull and the mounting bracket for the actuators.
    I wonder how much of that was labor.

That said, if BooneJeepin was able to do it with his XLV, I'm sure that Wakeland should be able to make a actuator bracket...

Obviously $4k INSTALLED for a Wakeland would be a LOT better than $4k uninstalled for a 20% off sale on the WaveControl. And I think the "bonus" of having a side to side switching remote control isn't a big enough feature to make a difference in swaying the decision from Wakeland to Wakemakers.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

I was also told the 4k figure and I THINK they were allocating approx 5 hours but may be less in the future

If does sound like the wakeland will come in cheaper.

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk
    2016 Moomba Mojo

So from what I can tell my new 2013 SA has the wake land system on it. I will not be able to test until April. Dealer installed and said total was 4 to 5k. I am sure that is retail as they were wanting to get as much for the boat as possible.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig