Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I would go look at a LF Fish in 5'6" I have a 5'4" and I'm 208lb and I can stay in the pocket, but I wish I had the 5'^" to give me a bit more forgiveness when I fall ball. Mind you I'm surfing behind a 2004 Mobius LS, and even with a shit-ton of water ballast in it. it's not the ultimate surfin wave, but it does alright.
    2017 Moomba Craz

Well, looks like I missed out on the NorCal (out of stock when you try to order) and the Ebay Broadcast (sold). Was hoping to stay closer to 2 than $300 for something we hope to quickly outgrow and use for others, but I'll see what I can do on the suggested alternates. Thanks again for the input...
    89 Supra Saltare Restoration Project

Default Cheap beginner / knock around boat board?

Since I'm a bigger guy I started with a hyperlite landlock, which has served as my board and the boat board the last 2 seasons. Most of my friends have learned how to surf on it, very stable board. This year I've upgraded to the danielo pro carbon xl, only a select few of my buddies are going to ride that!
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I wanna say I read here somewhere if you remove the outer fins or the middle fin on your Broadcast it makes for a different ride... Can someone clarify on this, as I also use the broadcast as my boat board for everyone to use....
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Sure, with any multiple fin setup board, adding and removing, as well changing the size of fins will change the ride characteristics. On a broadcast, it will be locked in/stable with all 3, looser with the outer 2 only and break away the easiest with only 1 in the middle.

Thanks again for all the suggestions. I found a slightly used 5'6" Fish with just a few minor dings on the bottom for cheap. Got a chance to work on the goofy side weighting for my daughter over Memorial Day weekend. Several kids had some decent free rides, but this was the only pic taken. Approximately 400# bow, 750# stbd chaise next to doghouse, 200 stbd rear bench, 300# ski locker, and 6 post prom teenagers mostly stbd. Not too shabby for a 24 year old DD. Can't wait to play in earnest...

89 Supra Saltare Restoration Project