Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Ballast Upgrade 2007 Outback V

I have a 07 OBV with gravity I (center locker bag). Have been filling rear sacs manually for surfing but looking to upgrade to auto fill/reversible system i.e. gravity III. Any advice on best way to upgrade. Can I utilize anything with the gravity I or do I simply need new system for the rear. Mostly surf and really looking to maximize one side fill in rear as all our riders go regular. Have had decent wake but I know we really need more weight. Thx.

Call Wakemakers and talk it over. They will help you design an affordable way to reach your goals. Or just start buying used stuff when people upgrade and then drill some holes in the boat. Wakemakers is probably the shorter route and cheaper in the long run though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Ballast Upgrade 2007 Outback V

Start w/ 2 reversible pumps, a 750 for the port rear and an IBS. Add a 3rd reversible pump to replace the aerator pumps on the center when you get some more $$. Call wakemakers as Kane said.

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Call Wakemakers and talk it over. They will help you design an affordable way to reach your goals. Or just start buying used stuff when people upgrade and then drill some holes in the boat. Wakemakers is probably the shorter route and cheaper in the long run though.
    OK sounds like my plan is to call them and go over. Thx for reply.

Thanks again for the reply. I spoke to Spencer at Wakemakers and we agreed 2 reversible pumps will be the way to go. He suggested just keeping the system intact for the current ski locker and add 750 for rear, 600 IBS running off 2 new pumps. I have two 450 fly high sacks and he suggested using one port side seat if no people in boat. He gave me the suggested 'kits' including the install components. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on links to good threads I can access to see anyone that has had some previous experience with similar project for 07 OBV or similar. Wondering about best place to mount pumps, switches, see pics etc... I'm sure there are some threads but having some issues searching them out. Thanks.

I upgraded from a Gravity I to a Gravity III on my OBV. I did not use the reversable pumps, but I did have to add two switches just like you need to do, so I have a suggestion for those. I did not want to cut any more switch holes, so I rearranged and combined some of the existing switches. My final outcome was below.

My original switch configuration from left to right was "NAV/ANC" - "COURTESY" - "BILGE" - "STEREO" - "DOCKING" - "BALLAST". I removed the "COURTESY" and "DOCKING" light switches. I then moved the "STEREO" switch to the "COURTESY" spot. That left me two empty spaces next to the original ballast switch. I connected the courtesy lights to the dash lights which was fairly simple. If you have docking lights, the rewiring is a little more involved, but fairly simple. I can go in depth if needed.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Default Re: Ballast Upgrade 2007 Outback V

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Joe - I think this is a preferable route as the throttle area is really taken up so I would like to just rework existing panel. I do have the courtesy lights. If you have some additional information on how you completed that would be great. Thanks.

I am out of town right now. I will give a full detail of the wiring within a couple of days.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk 2
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Please post a pic of your current switches.

Sent from my Droid Charge using Tapatalk 2
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon