Default Cover Pole Strap System

Not sure if I can describe this well but here goes. So my new 13 lsv came obviously with the poles that snap to the cover so that when it rains the water runs off. Well this boat came with these plastic caps that slide over the top of the poles and there are slots in the plastic cap so that you can strap the pole from 3 different points so that the pole can stand upright without the cover on. My neighbor has a similar setup on his x2 but its not exactly the same. Has anyone tackled this yet and where did you hook the straps to the boat? Anyone have pics? Thanks!
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Default Re: Cover Pole Strap System

uploadfromtaptalk1366149041897.jpg
    Here's what I'm talking about
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

My Factory Mojo cover is like that. We used 2 poles.

1 pole goes in the walkway in the bow, strap goes around the grab rails on the bow.
    Run a strap from the center pole to the second one in the back, We ended up putting the pole on the V drive cover, had to remove the rear seat.

The run the straps to each of the rear corner tie down cleats.

Let me know if this isnt clear LOL

You will have a Y in the front and a Y in the rear with a center strap connecting the 2 poles.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks for the reply Mike! Clear as mud lol. No, but I was just a little confused because the X2 has it where it loops completely over the nose of the boat and then the other two connection points are on the rails or the front cleats, I cant remember which. So the two poles can be supported independently of each other. I was hoping this was the case for our boats because I often just take the cover off and wouldnt want to screw with the front pole. If you piggy back them like youre talking about, I could see that being a big tangled mess. Not a problem for long towing situations, but wouldnt think you would want that as a daily setup, you know what I mean? How does it work out for you as a daily setup?
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

My 2011 LSV has the straps but we rarely use them when the boat is in storage (covered). My cover also has two snaps with reinforcement built in for the poles and we just use that everyday use.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    My 2011 LSV has the straps but we rarely use them when the boat is in storage (covered). My cover also has two snaps with reinforcement built in for the poles and we just use that everyday use.
    Yeah thats what I have been doing. I keep having flashbacks from my 05 model lsv. I had the snap cover on that boat and no matter how damn high you put the pole up (seams about to split), the water would pool in the area between the pole and the snaps. So Im just kind of hoping if I use the straps, it will support the cover in those areas and it wont eventually get stretched out pockets like my 05 did. Just trying to be proactive I guess. Thanks for the response!
    2013 LSV
    2005 LSV - SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    Just trying to be proactive I guess.
    A concept lost on many these days . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    A concept lost on many these days . . . .
    no doubt

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by lewisb13 View Post
    Thanks for the reply Mike! Clear as mud lol. No, but I was just a little confused because the X2 has it where it loops completely over the nose of the boat and then the other two connection points are on the rails or the front cleats, I cant remember which. So the two poles can be supported independently of each other. I was hoping this was the case for our boats because I often just take the cover off and wouldnt want to screw with the front pole. If you piggy back them like youre talking about, I could see that being a big tangled mess. Not a problem for long towing situations, but wouldnt think you would want that as a daily setup, you know what I mean? How does it work out for you as a daily setup?
    Yes i get what your saying, this is how the dealer set it up when they towed it from Cali, and how i used it to tow home.

It wont work if you just use a bow cover your right.

I only tow with a full cover or no cover.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]