Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

we usually run 6 miles unloaded to the river mouth, then load up the ballast (aprox 1800 lbs) then ride up river stopping to pick up fallen riders and such for 9 miles to the hwy 19 bridge, then turn around and head 9 miles back down to the river mouth and if we are done, we then dump ballast and go home, if not we turn around again and go back up river and this is usually around 1/2 tank
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

You guys would love the Willamette River here. When we did that January surf set we were filling ballast at the launch, motored out 100ft and jumped in.

I don't have numbers to prove it, but when I ran the 13.7x17.5 stock I got better "mileage" empty, horrible when loaded down. Vice versa to some degree with the 1847. Don't do many big long empty runs though.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    You guys would love the Willamette River here. When we did that January surf set we were filling ballast at the launch, motored out 100ft and jumped in.

I don't have numbers to prove it, but when I ran the 13.7x17.5 stock I got better "mileage" empty, horrible when loaded down. Vice versa to some degree with the 1847. Don't do many big long empty runs though.

Same at the Hagg we drive apx 1 minute to the middle of the lake, fill ballast and its boarding time LOL.

Longest place we go to drive is maybe 10 minutes and that's at Green Peter to get to the smooth arm off the camping site ramp.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post

Well we have a couple options, we go drive the boat from the lake house to the river which is 6 miles by water or we can trailer the boat 16 miles to the river launch ramp, launch and immediately jump in. Either way it's gas. I just you burn slightly less trailering?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    Well we have a couple options, we go drive the boat from the lake house to the river which is 6 miles by water or we can trailer the boat 16 miles to the river launch ramp, launch and immediately jump in. Either way it's gas. I just you burn slightly less trailering?
    Id rather burn it in the boat and enjoy it LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]