Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Big Goof Up......left brake cable hooked up and pulled out

Quote Originally Posted by Lawdog View Post
    I think when I did it....errr I mean, I have this friend that I know when he pulled his off completely it cost $125 to replace the whole thing. I was told I could link it back together, but I figured it wouldnt be as strong and just wanted it completely replaced....I meant my friend that I know wanted it replaced....LOL
    well I'm glad to hear I'm not the only knucklehead that has a friend who would do something so retarded as to not remove an obvious cable hooked to a moving vehicle.....fingers crossed the release lever fixes my goof up

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopskier View Post
    For me, I guess I answered my own question regarding a broken cable. $20 from boatmate
    https://www.boatmateparts.com/produc....php?itmId=429

Here is the owners manual, with the exploded view of the internals
    http://www.ufpnet.com/Portals/0/PDFs...aintenance.pdf
    When I did this last year it was not a fun process to replace the cable, better off replacing the hook...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I was going to suggest that I think the reset procedure is in the manual, but it looks like someone already mentioned that.

Yeah, I did something similar last summer. The cable did not break, but the trailer locked up and truck revved with the weight.

The lever below the tongue was dropped down. I had to feed the cable back in and use the pry bar to reset the tongue as outlined in the manual. I also had to replace the C-clip on the cable. There were two taped on the trailer manual when I bought the boat. All in all, it was about 30 minutes to have all back in working order -- once I found the info in the manual and realized what needed to be done.
    Derek & Poppy
    2010 Mobius LSV Sandrock/Fossil
    Gravity III ballast, wake plate, Z5, LEDs from Oznium (cup holders, helm, transom)
    Exile SX65M Cabin Speakers w/ Exile XM 15.4
    Exile SXT9Q Tower Speakers w/ Exile XM 30.2
    Exile 12" sub w/ XM12.1
    Exile ZLD MKII

I haven't had time to make it out to my storage unit but that's on the to do list tomo. Thanks for the heads up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I'm happy to report that I'm at my storage unit now and issue is fixed. Hit the release lever and heard a "pop" sound so I guess that reset it. Hooked boat up and pulled her out of storage then backed her back in with no issues so problem resolved. Grabbed one of the break away clips on my manual and clipped her in and alls good. Now I just wish I was on the water instead of back en route to work!!

Thanks again for everyone's help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

I JUST did the same thing couple hours ago! Like you I rolled it back and forth to make sure the brakes weren't locked. Funny thing is, I did the exact same thing with my Outback last year too, but forgot about it by the time I hooked up to it and put the boat in the water. Nothing was effected on the Outback, I sure hope it's the same way on the LSV! Guess I'll find out tomorrow....
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

IDK how you guys are hooking this Emergency cable up that's causing it to be missed. I know it happens sometimes but maybe try a different method.

When i hook my main cables to the hitch i take that safety cable and run it through the hitch with my main cable then attach it to the Loop of the main cable. This way the main cable wont come off the truck without removing the safety cable first.

This way there's no chance i forget my safety cable.

Also i do what i can the Hand check
    I run my hand by both sides of the trailer tongue looking at everything going to my truck to make sure everything is disconnected.

i get this habit because at work i deal with LOTS of chemicals, lines, valves, pumps and I'm constantly checking the flow direction and that all my valves are closed before i open a 1-48inch chemical line for repairs.

I understand mistakes happen, we all make them, I'm only trying to give you some ideas of how to get into a habitual routine of hooking things and disconnecting them.

On our boat I'm so routines i always close the top plate on the hitch, then hook up my Starboard cable and safety chain, then the port chain and trailer lights.

Honestly what im bad about at home is backing the boat in the garage, hitting the parking brake on the truck but never putting the truck in Park, i leave it in reverse, IDK LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Honestly I never use it. Both times it has happened to me was because someone else hooked it up before I got out of the truck and didn't see they had done it. My boat ramp is 1/4 mile from my driveway so it's not something I'm concerned with since I'm not on the highway. This time the dealer must have hooked it up when I left the lot and on the Outback my buddy hooked it up. Me just being in the habit of walking back and disconnecting MY usual things, cables/lights/pin/latch, and pulling out of the garage is why I didn't even think about looking for the emergency brake cable.... Now I just hope it didn't effect anything on the LSV like it didn't on the Outback like last time! 😟
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

Quote Originally Posted by tgoody14 View Post
    Honestly I never use it. Both times it has happened to me was because someone else hooked it up before I got out of the truck and didn't see they had done it. My boat ramp is 1/4 mile from my driveway so it's not something I'm concerned with since I'm not on the highway. This time the dealer must have hooked it up when I left the lot and on the Outback my buddy hooked it up. Me just being in the habit of walking back and disconnecting MY usual things, cables/lights/pin/latch, and pulling out of the garage is why I didn't even think about looking for the emergency brake cable.... Now I just hope it didn't effect anything on the LSV like it didn't on the Outback like last time! ��
    Completely understand, I try not to be rude, but I ask people to not help me when i do certain things LOL. I have to be the one to hook up, and unhook the trailer. I also have to be the one to release the straps and reattach the straps on the boat its self. This way i know its done LOL. If its not, its my fault and i wont be urged to blame someone else and mess up a friendship
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]