Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Berg's New Tow Rig

Amidst the chaos of the last week of course I didn't have enough to deal with so why not add to it.

Actually been shopping off and on for a while now - my little GMC was getting a bit tired lugging the boat around and the kids knees were hitting the seatbacks.

2005 F350 Lariat, V10, only 49k miles with every option I'd want and then some. Nice setup with small lift, 35's, sunroof, leather and power everything, nice leer canopy, and drop down DVD console to keep the kids busy.

I know all you diesel lovers are going to cringe at "V-10" LOL but for me it made sense. Most of my trips are pretty short and I don't pull often enough or big enough to really justify spending an extra $10k for a comparably equipped oil burner with low miles.

Looked all over the country on CL and autotrader and ended up finding it almost in my own backyard. Can't wait to hook up to the boat!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Nice! I'd love to get a big truck like that, but given that I drive a lot it wouldn't be very practical - hrmmmm, I'm known for my impractical impulse buys...
    2013 Outback V

Nice rig! That should tow your boat and then some.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Nice upgrade!

good lookin rig....

I know a lot that have been real happy with the v10.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Very nice looking Rig man, I think you actually did better buying the V10 then the 6.0 in it, as you would be doing maintenance more often and i dont see you as having time for all that LOL.

I do see you will be spending about 1500-1800 on new rubber by the end of the year though.

When your ready for tires there's a few brand i can have you look at that have great looks, great ride and tread wear, the ones on my rig have 10K on them already and they barley show any wear and that's with my stomping the skinny pedal all the time LOL.

Let me know if you want to get those Windows tinted, i know a Cash only guy in town who does excellent work and its pretty cheap, he did Claudia's VW last year for 125, and my boat for 225, and i forwarded him to Jake and his buddy for their boats as well.

Id highly recommend a Bed Rug like mine has for that thing, Its soft on the knees, and makes camping out in the back a lot nicer if you just do an overnight at the lake.

You realize you will never be able to goto a Half Ton truck again, once you get used to all the space in the 3/4 or 1 ton when you sit in a 1/2 ton it just feels smaller.

I will say though, i keep looking at the 1/2 ton Ecoboost, and Rams but whats really holding me back is i know ill miss the big pulling power and i love the gigantic bed on this truck when we go camping and boating for a week at a time.

Last edited by mmandley; 04-14-2013 at 09:50 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

New rubber is a must but I may be able to drag it out a few more months. The toyos on it racked up a respectable 44k miles according to the receipt I found. The original owner was the kind of guy who took it straight off the lot to get wheels/tires, lift, canopy etc. before it saw his driveway. I doubt I'll do the bed rug as I may take the canopy off on occasion. Tintwise, going to match the front windows to the rest. Found I like being able to actually see when I go to backup. May have to explore a nice touch screen HU and backup camera at some point.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Nice rig Berg

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Nice ride . I have run the numbers on diesel vs. gas as far as overall usage and the diesel wins. I don't use mine everyday , it sits in the garage waiting to either haul or tow something. What I have heard with the ford v 10 used to be the spark plug issue. I would think that would be addressed by now. If I were to build my " dream truck " It would be as follows: Ford crew cab long bed, pre 2003 cummins 5.9l 24 valve diesel, older non computer controlled detroit allison 5 speed auto . Maybe someday ... just takes money.
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

nice man, i wonder what that thing will sound like with some exhaust
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD