Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Berg's New Tow Rig

If my neighbor ever gets his boat back from kingpin we plan to have our windshields tinted by Mikes guy (they've had it for a month). Go ahead and plan 2k for tires and go to 37x13.5's! 50k is right on the mark for tread life on those, which is awesome for a mud tire.

Old I pic posted before, but here's the 37's..,ziiiiiiiiipp! It sure looks like you have a 6" lift like this one but I would have to see it in person to verify.
    -Jake

Nice rig berg, looks like even got some aftermarket speakers in the doors
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    If my neighbor ever gets his boat back from kingpin we plan to have our windshields tinted by Mikes guy (they've had it for a month). Go ahead and plan 2k for tires and go to 37x13.5's! 50k is right on the mark for tread life on those, which is awesome for a mud tire.

Old I pic posted before, but here's the 37's..,ziiiiiiiiipp! It sure looks like you have a 6" lift like this one but I would have to see it in person to verify.
    HAHA funny about kingPin, i think my bought left Saturday evening from there as your buddies came in monday LOL. They told me 2 days for my sub box and ended up taking over a week
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Berg, nice truck, I would love to have a HD truck......
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

That is one nice looking rig. Congrats on the purchase.
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    HAHA funny about kingPin, i think my bought left Saturday evening from there as your buddies came in monday LOL. They told me 2 days for my sub box and ended up taking over a week
    Well they switched subs (plural now ) for the third time and they were back ordered so he just left it there. They still aren't Exile subs so maybe fourth time will be a charm? Depends on how bad you hurt him this summer, he's kind of a one upper
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by beat taco View Post
    Well they switched subs (plural now ) for the third time and they were back ordered so he just left it there. They still aren't Exile subs so maybe fourth time will be a charm? Depends on how bad you hurt him this summer, he's kind of a one upper
    HAHA funny thing, IDK how it happened but when they first installed my 15 they blew it and had to go back to Brain and get another.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Really thinking it's just a 4-inch lift but you never know. 37's? Nah - it's tall enough already!

I'm actually liking it kind of quiet - weird I know. My GMC had a K&N intake on it and a flowmaster out back. Loud in a good hot rod kind of way usually but then droning agony loud pulling up hills.

The DVD screen was DOA and I couldn't find any fuses blown so pulled the monitor down today and tore it apart. Resoldered all the pins on the main circuit board, put it all back together, bingo - we have video! Also discovered that the speakers have indeed been replaced with Pioneers all around. Not really sure what they are or what they can handle - they are that weird 4x6 size.

The stereo is definitely lacking compared to the old truck's setup. May have to do something about that sooner than later.

Only put about 30 miles on it so far but totally loving it! Long overdue upgrade.

So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Also discovered that the speakers have indeed been replaced with Pioneers all around. Not really sure what they are or what they can handle - they are that weird 4x6 size.

The stereo is definitely lacking compared to the old truck's setup. May have to do something about that sooner than later.
    I think you have these;
    http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...FaVcMgodOksAHA

I used to do some stereo stuff in Ford Rangers that I used to own, several years ago. I thought they sounded nice when put on a regular amp to give them some decent power.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

That could be - haven't figured out what stock size is. These pioneer's have kind of a yellow mesh finish though - maybe just an older model.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...