Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Jayrodau View Post
    I am leaning more towards my ballast valves could be bad and cutting on automatic now. I didn't have my fly high bag hooked up in the ski locker in the front and the door was shut while running the boat. That's my first guess at this point, but can't do much until I can get the boat back in the water at this point. I still have the Orbit valves that seems to cause a lot of issues for people. I might be experiencing this now. Might be time to switch over to the Irritrol 700 series valves.
    This is probably a good guess...I don't know if I have bad valves too, but I have the same model and year Mobius as you, and the center ballast bag fills a little when underway, even though I never turned on the ballast switch. And +1 to what kaneboats said above.
    ===================================
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

I wonder about the procedure for replacing the packing. I would assume that once the boat is run for a bit, the packing will "settle in" and the nut will need to be tightened again? Kind of like when installing headers on a car: after installing them, the heat cycle can loosen the bolts a bit and after like 50 miles, they need to be tighened again. I am not sure, as I have never replaced my packing (560 hours on the original and only tigthened the nut once) but it it is just a theory.

I had the same problem two years ago and it was two things my center bag was filling continously and overflowing into my bilge fixed that problem with a new orbit valve and it was still leaking pretty bad so what i found was where my wake plate was mounted one of the screws coming through the floor was leaking really bad mainly when the boat was underway and just barely when sitting still. My fix was got some 3m 4200 and put on the threads of the screws ran them back through then put some on the inside where the screw came through also. Same model and year as yours also.

your packing SHOULD have a "drip rate" according to specs. My 2K Mobius has a drip rate for the packing of 1 drop every 30 sec. to 1 minute. I don't think you need completely STOP it. At least that's a MUST for my boat. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dhyams View Post
    This is probably a good guess...I don't know if I have bad valves too, but I have the same model and year Mobius as you, and the center ballast bag fills a little when underway, even though I never turned on the ballast switch. And +1 to what kaneboats said above.
    I also have the same year Mobius as you two guys, and I think I am having the same problem. I have checked the cooling water system hoses and connections for leaking, checked the driveshaft packing for leaking, and the exhaust sections, finding nothing, but the boat is taking on water enough that the bilge runs more than I would like it to. I have noticed that my ballast bag fills some even without the pump on and you guys both mentioned this being an issue.

Have either of you (or anyone else) replaced these valves with the Irritrol 700 series, or have a walkthrough for it? This may be my problem as well.
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by asil210 View Post
    your packing SHOULD have a "drip rate" according to specs. My 2K Mobius has a drip rate for the packing of 1 drop every 30 sec. to 1 minute. I don't think you need completely STOP it. At least that's a MUST for my boat. Good luck.
    This is an important point: You definitely do not want it to be completely sealed. But a drip every 10, 30 or 60 seconds won't fill the bilge anytime soon.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold