Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I am very interested to see how that Longer sack affects the wave. Drew and I run the same setup, except I use one of the stock 400lb bags that come with the Mojo under the passengers seat.

I am very temped to buy the sumo bag that goes in the center of the floor to add to my setup. 800lbs in the center would really sink the boat overall which I think is what we need for a longer pocket. I may have to place an order on wake makers after I see your results one way or the other.

Drew I would also be interested in the custom sac so that we fill the entire space completely.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

Next update LOL.

Got the Gavity Games bag in the boat yesterday, man thats a big arse bag. It goes from the back of the boat on the trailer to the front axle LOL.

I was pleasently surprised to see it has a fill/drain on the front of the bag to work with my X ling ballast system. I didnt use it for this test.

On the lake we filled it, took a while to burp the air but it fits great in the mojo. It runs from the back of the V up to the battery area, and if you have the normal 2 batteries then you have about 2ft of room still. I am running 3 so i only had about 8 inches left.

Surfed it and it was a ton better then what i have been working on.

In the end though we stuck another 400lbs on top of it in the V drive and WOW thats the wave i have been looking for.

I am going to have to come out of pocket big time now because i have to buy a 1500 L bag to make the wave how i like it.

Moved the bag over to Goofy to try it, I'll be honest, my Mojo has to goto the shop, its got issues. I got really bad speed control on the Goofy side, I know it sounds weird but when we surf goofy the speed control is always off, it wont get to REAL speed like it says.

exp we want to go 10.5 set the speed control to 10.5 and we are really going 9 and then you have to speed up almost 2mph to get to 10.5 and then it over shoots because your telling it to go 12.5 then you slow it back down and when my 2 hand held GPS units both say 10.5 the boat says 11.2 Go figure. I have a feeling its something with the Paddelwheel when the boat is weighted.

Long story short, i cant get a consistent wave out of Goofy due to inconsistent speeds. I finally went old school and just used my RPMs like i did in the LSV.

At 2600 RPM i was going 10.5 and the wave was pretty decent. Still a lot shorter then i wanted.
    The gravity Games bag fits perfectly in the Goofy side and will give you about 1 foot of storage under the seats still.

Unfortunately we did not run the extra 400 on top and see if it wants 1500 also. Only Claudia Rides goofy and after more then a hour of her riding and testing the wave she was beat. So we called it a day.

I have a video of how fare back on Regular you can get and i was pretty happy with it. More testing still. Always more testing LOL.

This is apx 15-ft back
    apx 1500 L in rear V drive
    500 Hard tank
    300 goofy side
    650 IBS

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I am going to have to come out of pocket big time now because i have to buy a 1500 L bag to make the wave how i like it.
    Glad you got to try out the 1,180 and the wave looks nice. But I can't understand how the 1,180 with the 400 on top or going the route above is providing a different wave than the 1,100 in the locker and the 370 under the port seats as it's basically the same amount of weight in the same places, isn't it? I'm only asking as I'm all in for a custom bag w/ you if the wave will be that much better.

I'm looking to swap out the DCP for Zero Off. Sometimes the DCP will fluctuate +/-0.5 mph on us. I was told that was "within tolerances," but for surfng, that variance can really mess you up.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 05-06-2013 at 12:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Glad you got to try out the 1,180 and the wave looks nice. But I can't understand this a 400 on top or going the route above is providing a different wave than the 1,100 in the locker and the 370 under the port seats as it's basically the same amount of weight in the same places, isn't it? I'm only asking as I'm all in for a custom bag w/ you if the wave will be that much better.

I'm looking to swap out the DCP for Zero Off. Sometimes the DCP will fluctuate +/-0.5 mph on us. I was told that was "within tolerances," but for surfng, that variance can really mess you up.
    Its no difference at all Drew, I just want it all as one bag for my X link ballast pump LOL. I don't want 2 bags. I was hopping having the gravity games bag would prove worthy, because it basically starts with your 370 under the seats and goes to the V drive but its 1 bag, I really didn't want to have to come out of pocket for a custom or Enzo. Looks like that's the deal now.

I agree with you on the Speed control, i think that tolerance has to do with the paddle wheel. AWS is going to make an adjustment tomorrow, if it doesn't work, i will prolly be forced to go Zero-Off as well. Like Claudia said to me yesterday talking about ballast bags, when you own a 70K boat with a 10K stereo and have 2K in surfboards, whats another 1k now LOL.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Ah, ha! I forgot about the XLink system. That makes sense now. Could you not run the XLink off the forward port of the 1,100 bags though and save some coin?

I'd still be interested in a custom bow sac that is a little taller & wider in the legs. I think there may be room for another 200+ lbs.

If you go custom in the lockers, do you think you'll max out at 1,500 or be able to get more than that? I'm in if we can push it over 1,500/1,600 lbs

I'm in for the custom bag also! Let me know.
    2012 Mojo
    2009 LS (SOLD!!!)
    2010 Tundra 5.7 Crewmax 4X4

1180 Bag Regular,
    Nothing on Goofy
    500 Hard Tank
    650 Bow

IDK exactly when ill go with a custom Bow bag, but its not out of the picture, i think i will talk to spencer about it basically adding 18inces to each leg of the bag.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Got a new Enzo 1500 Sac in the other day and had to try it out. WOW this bag is HUGE. 102 inches long. Luckly thats exactly the length of my compartments on both sides muahahaha

Wave was HUGE it was tall, long, i had to speed the boat up to 11.5 to 12mph to flatten the wave a little but it has a Ton of push. I didnt really take any pictures of just the wave, ill do that next time we are out.

Wave was clean with 1/4 plate all the way to Full wake plate, boat had no issue coming out of the water with 2600 lbs.

I ended up running a few hundred in the Goofy locker bag and the wave just gets better. Plus it helps lessen the lean angle a bit.

Not to many pics today sorry.

Enzo Bag

[COLOR="#696969"]

[COLOR="#696969"]