Default DYI surf gate or mss system

Hey, has anybody tried to make a surf gate or nss system for there moomba or supra, I am just super curious if it would work? It is simple idea and trim tabs are not that expensive and would be pretty easy to mount.
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake

Been wanting to do some experimenting but got sidetracked. I've drawn up my plans but that's as far as it has gotten. I've seen plenty of guys on other sites prototype with wood to start with. My thoughts are looking at using some plastic cutting boards, stainless brackets, hinges and turnbuckle for adjusting the angle. It will have to be quick release and universal so the same gate will be switchable side to side by just pulling a few pins.

Mine still may happen, just won't be for a few more months. If it works cool, if not, well it will have been fun trying. I just wonder about the force it will put on the swim platform brackets where I'm planning to tie into.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

that is what I would be concerned about as well, if it worked though we could mount real trim tabs and take the stress off of the platform. Part of me wants to give it a go but I am a little scared! hahahahahaha
    2017 Helix

Wakemakers 1050s
    Bow bag ( Surf edition)
    Autowake