Default 2002 Outback LS Floor Removal

Attempting to remove floor cover behind engine and replace steering cable. Found two screws near engine. Question I have does the exhaust tubes need to be removed before removing floor panel. Any help greatly appreciated.

There are 2 panels and I just removed mine as well for shaft maintenance. The one under the rear seat is the easist as it has the two screws and you can pry it up and out. The one that goes in front of the rear seat is a little trickier as you have to take the screws out of the floor and also the ones holding the rear seat. I then wedged the rear seat up a little to get the pressure off and wiggled the panel out. It is a little tricky getting it past the exhaust but it will go. Hope that helps.
    Lake Bound
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    Indmar, Carb

Thanks for the fast reply. Started to pull it out, sounds like I gave up a little to soon. Going to try again this week.

My 2001 Outback may be similar. I had a lot of trouble getting the panel behind the engine out. It was getting caught on the exhaust and mufflers under the floor. It took two people and a lot of prying and working it back and forth and up an down to remove. The lip on the rear of the aluminum panel is what was getting hung up, so I cut the lip out of the way of the mufflers before I put it back in. It comes out much easier now.