Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Berg - sorry about what they did to your boat! We had close to the same thing happen but they came in the garage while my wife as home- scared her to death!!! We bought a black lab - labs love to bark and something about a big black dog tends to scare people! Plus I got to buy more guns!!! I hope you get your boat back in perfect condition - those that did this to you have or will answer to a much higher power.....
    KRiley
    2013 Moomba LSV
    Exile xm9s
    Exile Amps
    Exile sub

Default Ripped off - End of a long, painful day

Quote Originally Posted by kriley View Post
    Berg - sorry about what they did to your boat! We had close to the same thing happen but they came in the garage while my wife as home- scared her to death!!! We bought a black lab - labs love to bark and something about a big black dog tends to scare people! Plus I got to buy more guns!!! I hope you get your boat back in perfect condition - those that did this to you have or will answer to a much higher power.....
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=22676
    -Jake

MrD8 - I'm less worried about when we're out somewhere although I probably should be. At home I now have a 9ft high fence (old was 6) with a thin line of barbwire across the top, two motion detector lights, and a motion detector alarm. My lab is 11yrs old and slept through the whole ordeal last year just like the rest of us. But otherwise he and his younger sister bark at anything and everything most of the time.

Cops said the best deterrent is lights and noise. If that fails there is a 12ga nearby, if I'm home and my neighbors are on board for watching out for each other after I told them about it.

Kriley - the ordeal was painful and frustrating but after a few months and some great work the boat turned out better than ever as you can see from Taco's link above. My insurance company was absolutely great to work with and I'm very happy with the outcome. Probably the worst part was just feeling like a target and that some punk douche bag(s) just raped you. Every time I'd hear a bumping stereo or a car would drive by and casually look over when I was outside I'd find myself immediately suspicious and staring them down. Crappy feeling.

Still on the fence about a mobile alarm install. It dropped down on the priority list after the home parking spot was fortified.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...