Default Lake LBJ or Lake Marble Falls in Texas

Anybody have experience on either of these lakes? We are looking at renting a house for a family get away and I've never been on either. Part of the Highland Lakes. I'm familiar with Travis and Austin but not much up river.

Thanks.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Lake LBJ is my favorite lake in TX, we rent there almost every year and it is incredible especially the farther north you get from Horseshoe Bay. They both are constant level but Marble Falls is more like Lake Austin, i havent looked but didnt think there is very many houses for rent on Marble Falls where LBJ will have a ton. The North end of LBJ into the colorado river is a ball on weekends just a straight party, all the way up the river before inks lake it turns into rapids pretty cool but long boat ride from the main part of the lake.

Your best locations to rent are the North side of Granite Shoals, Sunrise Beach or Kingsland anything on the southside of Granite Shoals is your basic big body of water and can get rough north of that more of the big river type with plenty of places to ride.

Hope this helps a little....
    2008 22SSV Worlds

I wasn't sure about Marble Falls. It looks to me like it maybe only has 1 public ramp and its a little over 5 miles long. I don't really know much other than that.

LBJ looks like you can run up the Colorado River past Kingsland for quite a ways. We usually run the San Bernard River down here so I'm use to narrow.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Default Lake LBJ or Lake Marble Falls in Texas

We are thinking of making a trip to LBJ some time too as it looks like the Colorado river would be decent boarding water

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD