Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On the ball??

Default On the ball??

Got a press release on this today! Pretty cool.. wireless back up camera. plug monitor into cig lighter and put camera on bumper! easy!
    http://www.theoutdoorwire.com/story/...650ryu6j4h99ah

My truck has this built in and I couldn't live without it!!
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

Nice! I have always wanted one of these but didn't want to wire one up on a truck with 120k on it.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I would agree 100% that anyone who does a decent amount of trailering should have one of these as they are a huge timesaver. After not having one for years, I made sure that my new truck had one and they are especially helpful when backing up in tight parking lots.
    2011 Supra 21V
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax
    Wetsounds Icon8's

On my upgrade list, well not this exact one, but a double din display and cam fo sho.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I have one on my Duramax- its the Kind that is attached to the license plate holder, and its waterproof! Wouldn't ever have a truck without one again! although I do tow a dump trailer and landscape trailer on a daily basis.
    2014 Moomba Mojo- Exiled Out!!
    04 XLV- 2 REV 10's & REV410- All JL Audio amps

I spent $50 for a HD camera and a mirror/monitor and I won't get a truck without one either. Super easy to install.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    http://www.amazon.com/Inch-Widescree...ref=pd_sim_e_3

An added feature I didn't think is I can see on the camera when I left the tailgate down. With a tonneau cover there is a giant void back there. You can also see every imperfection in the asphalt. I have grid marks to tell me how close something is and they help to back into a space as you center the grid between the lines on the asphalt. This viewer has a spot for another camera so you could add one to the trailer and view from the end of the trailer prospective and have an RCA connector at the hitch. My friend put one on his 5th wheel.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

Doesn't rear-view camera do the same job? I think most of the new vehicle got rear-view camera nowdays

Quote Originally Posted by zabooda View Post
    I spent $50 for a HD camera and a mirror/monitor and I won't get a truck without one either. Super easy to install.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    http://www.amazon.com/Inch-Widescree...ref=pd_sim_e_3

An added feature I didn't think is I can see on the camera when I left the tailgate down. With a tonneau cover there is a giant void back there. You can also see every imperfection in the asphalt. I have grid marks to tell me how close something is and they help to back into a space as you center the grid between the lines on the asphalt. This viewer has a spot for another camera so you could add one to the trailer and view from the end of the trailer prospective and have an RCA connector at the hitch. My friend put one on his 5th wheel.
    Does this just connect over the existing mirror? I have this pretty fancy mirror in my truck but it doesn't have backup camera options.

I'm thinking of finally adding an in dash Nav system to my truck so i might just add the back up camera then to that unit. I've had the back up sensors on my last 3 trucks and love love love them LOL. Makes backing up so much easier with the length of my truck and the fact in the rainy season you can barely see out of the camper shell window.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I'd highly recommend the in-dash stereo/monitor as it is nice to retain the regular mirror as another reference point plus the video/mirrors are darker and in bright light the monitor is harder to see. Having the camera up high is a plus but I checked into the Ford logo camera and they are $550. Ouch.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

i have a in dash..its also set up with a touch screen button for the rear view cam..i just have to buy the cam and install it
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)