Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Insurance Increase?

I just renewed my boat insurance and my annual premium increased over 10%!!! What's the deal, was some law passed making boat insurance more expensive? Is this a result of some Obamacare initiative?
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Re: Insurance Increase?

I just got new insurance a couple weeks ago. Got a better deal actually but I'm not sure how good my rate was. I believe this one was under 500, maybe, can't quite remember.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Time to go shopping for insurance. Safeco priced me out of their market a few years back and saved $900 a year for all my stuff. Sometimes they do it more subtly until years latter when you compare insurance.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

I just had my boat insurance go down this year. Even my deductible went away, with disappearing deductible.
    "The Boomba" '12 Mojo 345HP

Tow Rig: '08 Duramax

I am with Ski Safe. No increases that I have seen. I pay $282/yr.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Default Insurance Increase?

Hmmmm I went from 463 a year to 519 and I'm with boatUS. I'll give them a call later today if I remember. I just renewed last night due to it expiring but I can cancel and sign on with someone else at any time right?

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I'm paying $500 / year right now, but it's time to renew. Funny this came up, because I put all my insurance papers in my work bag today so that I can go through it and make some phone calls.

I just got off the phone with my current insurance company (Boater's Insurance Agency) and Ski Safe.
    My current coverage is increasing to $598 for the year. I have a $500 deductible and $100k liability coverage.
    I can get the same coverage through Ski Safe for $400 per year. For $425, I can get the disappearing deductible which means it decreases every year I don't have a claim and liability is increased to $300k.

I think this is a no brainer, I'll be making a switch. I'm going to call around and get a few more quotes too. Anyone have any suggestions for other companies?

progressive and i'm right around $430 for coverage. don't know the specifics, but it's what the bank demanded and they said they require a lot more than the basic state limits.. It did jump around $125 dropping the supra and adding a new boat.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Definitely price Progressive, Boat US and I think Allstate is getting aggressive in marketing boat coverage-- one of the big ones anyway-- think it was Allstate. Mine went up about $30 so I didn't shop it this year. We should all find a way to get our boat insurance from one place-- maybe Dusty could help?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!