Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Looking at new wake surf boards... Which one?

I currently have a shapiro ginsu, have had it for 3 seasons and like the board, but these need boards look so much better. What is everyone riding? I like the surf style more and am looking at the phase 5 boards. Have a decent wake and weigh 190. Was comparing the danielo pro carbon vs diamond, but the more and research I do, I keep finding more boards, please help!
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV

Default Re: Looking at new wake surf boards... Which one?

If you like surf style & Phase 5 then the Model X is about the only one I'd recommend. Their boards are mostly skim style designs.

Non epoxy surf boards that we like are Soulcraft, Mendonesia and Austin Board Company.

Epoxy boards that we like are Inland Surfer, XXX and the new LF Hazen should be very nice.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    If you like surf style & Phase 5 then the Model X is about the only one I'd recommend. Their boards are mostly skim style designs.

Non epoxy surf boards that we like are Soulcraft, Mendonesia and Austin Board Company.

Epoxy boards that we like are Inland Surfer, XXX and the new LF Hazen should be very nice.
    I agree with this except,

XXX in 12 went to a harder surface compound that doesnt ding as easy as previous years. Its the same or simular to IS compounds.

The Shapiro your riding is the softer outter shell and dings very easily.

I have a Shapiro like yours and my best bro rides it all the time, his comments are nothing is faster except my Soul Craft custom board.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Agree with comments above and would add Walker boards to the mix.

soulcraft. can't beat a custom board..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

What soulcraft boards are you guys riding? Never heard of them before? Just want to make sure my new board is better then my current board. Really do not have any complaints with my current board, just wish it was a little faster and a bit more responsive.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV

The base design of my board is a Soul Craft Jetty with a Squash Tail.

Im sure you would be more then pleased with a standard 4.10 Jetty with your weight.
    I ride a 5.0 but rode a 4.10 and liked it a lot as well.
    The one i got Claudia is a 4.8 so its faster, more manuverable and for lighter people.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

same as mikes, but I ride a 4.8 and think the other one is a 4.6 for the ceo.

I'm anxious to try mine out with the futures blackstix fins jeff is sending. I've heard they make a world of difference in the overall speed/feel of the board. ridden several jettys with stock fins.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I rode Daze's new TripleX in Jan. I have one of their skim style and this was the first surf style board I have tried. Very fast and lots of fun. Worth trying out.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Looking at new wake surf boards... Which one?

Where do y'all generally purchase your boards? I have not found too many shops with good stock in our area (greater Houston).
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron