Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Another Ballast Project

Ok guys I have been running tsumani 1200gpm pumps that I have had a ton of priming issues ect. I want to make the jump to reversibles. Currently I have a single 1-1/4 thru hull and I am thinking that I can run two pumps off of that and install another 3/4 for the third. Am I going to have enough flow through the 1-1/4 to support two pumps?
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Somewhere during my rebuild, I found information to support running two impeller pumps on a single 1-1/4 intake - so I did. Seems to work fine with all 1" fill and 3/4" vent hoses.
    89 Supra Saltare Restoration Project

Default Another Ballast Project

I think you're better off with a thru hull per pump with reversibles.

Quote Originally Posted by sybrmike View Post
    Somewhere during my rebuild, I found information to support running two impeller pumps on a single 1-1/4 intake - so I did. Seems to work fine with all 1" fill and 3/4" vent hoses.
    Multiple impeller pumps on a single intake does work, but over time you will see more wear on the impellers and pumps. With this said if it were an optimal solution, MasterCraft wouldn't have scrapped the system configuration after 2006.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    I think you're better off with a thru hull per pump with reversibles.
    We do prefer that customers do it right the first time which will minimize any chance of a system problem long term.

If you look for my posts I set this up on a 1 inch thru hull and posted all the results look for the post it goes over the fill time differences. Bottom line it does take longer with 2 pumps on a single thru hull fitting but its not a ton of time. I am doing the same upgrade and decided to go with one port per pump. Spencer sold me everything through wakemakers.

come on over. I love to drill holes in boats

as they say... silicone shmilicone... fox river isn't that deep so it won't sink far if it does.

I'd be more interested in the root cause of the priming issue?
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

^^ What he said. Priming on fill or drain pumps?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Both. SandM and Berg both of you guys have considerably more room under floor to mount pumps. That is my biggest issue is that I have a really difficult time getting all three of the tsunami's under water level. I've fought it for two years now and I am ready to scrap it. Worse case I have some extra pumps for a bow sack, surf sack, ect.
    -Mark
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

I want to do this too but I want detailed pictures of a boat that came with this set up factory. Pics of the thru hulls from inside the boat and outside, where the pumps are mounted, and how the hoses are routed
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Ok guys as soon as I get the WM code I am placing my order. I am going to run the two rear pumps on the 1.25" and the locker / ibs on a second .75".
    -Mark

"Hey you only live once"