Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Who said the water was cold? Felt like Bath water!! Until it got in the seam at your neck, ran down your back, and ended up down under, inducing performing crazy and fast disappearing acts!

Sorry this one's so poor quality, it's a screenshot from a video.

Last edited by sicktc06; 04-08-2013 at 10:48 AM.
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

Default April 2013 Pictures Thread

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365451209.734717.jpg

Pic from yesterday showing the REV10s...by FAR the BEST upgrade I've done yet! These things are AMAZING!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Nice Boone, it's windy, cold, and raining here so don't hurry back!
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1365611552.499377.jpg
    -Jake

Quote Originally Posted by jsly04XLV View Post
    Welcome weather. Got out on the water yesterday and met up with my mojo buddy.

On the downside... i put a 1x2 through the front of my sub under the helm. Guess get to buy a new one.
    Definately started the day off bad but got to enjoy my new exile interior speakers without the sub for the day.
    That boat has an SC in the registration number, is that South Carolina? Where is that picture taken? Looks like great weather. Reason I ask about that SC is because we are moving to South Carolina this summer (July); Fort Mill right next to Lake Wylie.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

I loved SC, I lived in Ft. Mill also. It was a great place to live man you will be super happy there. I now live in ATL and to be honest I don't like it as much mostly because of the traffic. Lake Wylie is really good and cheap to keep your boat out there. I kept mine at commodore yacht club. It was really affordable and the people there are really nice. The lake is awesome because there isn't a lot of boat traffic, you can usually find fairly calm water.

Lake lanier here in Atlanta will swallow your boat if your not careful. It has HUGE boats that create like 4 foot rollers. I have dipped mine a few times now and scared the hell out of myself. The only negative thing about Lake Wylie is that there is only one restaurant / bar on the whole lake and the food sucks. Beer is good though, kind of hard to mess that up right.

I would move back to Ft. Mill in a second if I could, work has moved me around a bit but I really loved that place.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    That boat has an SC in the registration number, is that South Carolina? Where is that picture taken? Looks like great weather. Reason I ask about that SC is because we are moving to South Carolina this summer (July); Fort Mill right next to Lake Wylie.

Quote Originally Posted by tnbrooks01 View Post
    A quick set this weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A+++++ on the riding! If I could do that, I would be stoked...I just started wakeboarding last year behind my 19ft Sea Ray, and now have a Moomba, I loved so much

A quick question: to get the height that you're getting (which is amazing by the way...I've never seen a non-pro go that high), do you just stand tall at the wake and let the wake do the work, or are you pushing/jumping off of the top of the wake? I can't seem to get any height on my jumps.
    ===================================
    2005 Moomba Mobius LSV

When you get to the wake, stand tall. You don't really have to push or anything, just standing up will give you that "push" you need. The straighter your legs, more you'll pop. Just make sure you don't land with a leg locked... I can speak from experience on that one...

If you let your knees act as shock absorbers when you get to the wake and don't stand tall, you'll be able to do a wake to wake, but it's forced and low clearance, chances are you are edging HARD into the wake and shooting across it like a bullet. Take an easy approach, start your cut and bend your knees in the sitting down motion almost, and gradually cut in. When you get to the wake, stand up. That's all you have to do.
    Stephen
    2009 Mobius LSV
    Black and Yellow

Quote Originally Posted by dhyams View Post
    A quick question: to get the height that you're getting (which is amazing by the way...I've never seen a non-pro go that high), do you just stand tall at the wake and let the wake do the work, or are you pushing/jumping off of the top of the wake? I can't seem to get any height on my jumps.
    Had a great thread on this topic a while back. Lots of good contributions from our better riders on here helping the rest of us. Try this:

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ght=stand+tall
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chadjitsu1 View Post
    I loved SC, I lived in Ft. Mill also. It was a great place to live man you will be super happy there. I now live in ATL and to be honest I don't like it as much mostly because of the traffic. Lake Wylie is really good and cheap to keep your boat out there. I kept mine at commodore yacht club. It was really affordable and the people there are really nice. The lake is awesome because there isn't a lot of boat traffic, you can usually find fairly calm water.

Lake lanier here in Atlanta will swallow your boat if your not careful. It has HUGE boats that create like 4 foot rollers. I have dipped mine a few times now and scared the hell out of myself. The only negative thing about Lake Wylie is that there is only one restaurant / bar on the whole lake and the food sucks. Beer is good though, kind of hard to mess that up right.

I would move back to Ft. Mill in a second if I could, work has moved me around a bit but I really loved that place.
    Everything said above is correct. Boat is on Wylie, weather was great. This week we actually surfed on Tuesday in trunks (no wetsuit) after work and had a blast. I live in Lake Wylie and work in Fort Mill. Wylie is a great lake with some amazing people. Hit me up when you get down into the area and settled and we'll get together on the water.
    Current - 2018 Moomba Craz
    Past - 2013 Moomba Mojo
    Past - 2004 Moomba XLV