Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Blue Sea add a battery help.

I am trying to get my blue sea add a battery all wired up today. I have got a wiring diagram that Al (cab13367) posted about his install. My question is with the diagram that Al drew up, are we looking at the back of the switch like I have pictured or is it the front? I assume it is the back. I just want to make sure. Thanks for your help.

Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

You got it!
    -Jake

In the picture that Al did and Jake posted.

Its referenced to how the batteries hook up as to the direction of the switch.

In Als drawing its as if you looking from the SWITCH side facing you.
    Jakes drawing is the same but looking at the back of the Switch.

I guess to make it simple.

Hold the Switch facing you as if you were going to Turn it. Then wire it up like Als drawing.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Now the orientation between the relay and switch does matter. We reverse the relay to the side of the switch opposite of the battery side versus the Blue Sea instructions.
    But I'm wondering why you are concerned with the directionality of the dual circuit switch. In the 'On' position both #1 to #1 posts are closed and the same for #2 to #2. In the 'Both' position the two circuits are simultaniously closed and combined. So I don't see why the switch input and output would be differentiated.

David

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    In the picture that Al did and Jake posted.

Its referenced to how the batteries hook up as to the direction of the switch.

In Als drawing its as if you looking from the SWITCH side facing you.
    Jakes drawing is the same but looking at the back of the Switch.

I guess to make it simple.

Hold the Switch facing you as if you were going to Turn it. Then wire it up like Als drawing.
    Mike,

That is what I thought, thanks for the clarification. That is how I wired it.
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

I finally got everything wired up. I'm still having an issue. I wired it just like the diagram that Al posted. The problem that I am having is that the led light on the ACR is flashing which I believe means "Isolated start isolation" according to the manual. My head unit won't turn on because of this. If I turn the Dual Circuit Plus switch to the "on" position with my remote power wire from the head unit connected to the remote wire from the switch on the dash the ACR will flash and the head unit won't turn on. Now if I disconnect that wire and turn the Dual Circuit Plus switch to the "on" position and wait for the led to turn solid, I can connect the remote wire from the head unit and it will work, until I switch the Dual Circuit Plus switch off and then back on. It resets itself to the flashing led. I hope all that makes sense. If anyone has any ideas of what to try next I would love to hear them. Thanks for the help guys.
    Kurt
    2019 Supra SL 550
    2016 Mojo - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV -Sold

Quote Originally Posted by moombacraze View Post
    I finally got everything wired up. I'm still having an issue. I wired it just like the diagram that Al posted. The problem that I am having is that the led light on the ACR is flashing which I believe means "Isolated start isolation" according to the manual. My head unit won't turn on because of this. If I turn the Dual Circuit Plus switch to the "on" position with my remote power wire from the head unit connected to the remote wire from the switch on the dash the ACR will flash and the head unit won't turn on. Now if I disconnect that wire and turn the Dual Circuit Plus switch to the "on" position and wait for the led to turn solid, I can connect the remote wire from the head unit and it will work, until I switch the Dual Circuit Plus switch off and then back on. It resets itself to the flashing led. I hope all that makes sense. If anyone has any ideas of what to try next I would love to hear them. Thanks for the help guys.
    First off, is it a slow flash or a fast flash? A slow flash indicates isolation, and should only happen when the engine is cranking. A fast flash indicates that one or both of the batteries is below 9.5 volts. Did you accidently hook the start isolation wire to the "run" side of your ignition instead of the "start" side?
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Sorry to bring up an old thread but figured this was better than starting my own as I'm sure this has been discussed a few times.

I have a Blue Sea switch that I've had for well over a year now uninstalled and it's high time I do it, and do it before I leave for South Carolina as my dad is the one who helps me with this kind of crap because I just do not know anything about this (he was the one who helped me wire up my amps and Pro80's).

So the above two images will certainly help for the wiring piece, but what I'd like to know is if someone would be kind enought to take a few pictures from a couple different angles to show me their whole setup and wiring? I'm a visual person and it would help me to understand how I need to do this. I am tired of having to shut off my stereo for fear of it draining my starting battery and I have an extra battery just sitting in my garage I bought last year that has been ob a trickle charger.

I'd appreciate any pics that someone is willing to throw up!

Edit: I just found this post so I'll check this out too: https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....attery-Install

THanks.
    Last edited by Cigars n scotch; 06-20-2013 at 09:07 PM.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Which switch do you have, the traditional dual battery switch or the dual-circuit plus switch? With there be an ACR? Is an on-board charger part of the plan as well?

Quote Originally Posted by moombacraze View Post
    Kurt, I just saw this. Did you get this issue resolved?
    Al

2006 Mobius LSV