Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ok so it wouldn't matter where it came from then .........so rarely needed as in I don't really have to hook it up? I seen on the package it said optional but was worried it may mess something up if I didn't use it ?

The SI, starter-interrupt, isolates the house loads from the main cranking during starting. This is a feature to prevent voltage sage to sensitive electronic equipment like a chart plotter, etc. In most cases, we find that due the stereo load, the house battery is already down below the voltage threshold and the ACR is already open.

I originally installed the SI circuit thinking it was a great idea. What I found out is that all of the prongs on the back of the key switch are hot when the boat is on, not just when it's cranking. So, it's best not to use this as your SI circuit as it won't operate properly, and the ACR won't charge your house battery, only the starter, as it thinks it's supposed to constantly isolate the starter battery. Found this out after the house batt died several times.

I don't think it's necessary, and I have just removed the fuse from the circuit, so it's totally out of play now. I'd just not even worry about it. The best way to wire it though, if you want it, is to hook it to the starter, as it'll only see voltage when starting, which is how this circuit was designed.
    2015 Supra SC400
    08 LSV - Sold
    Go big, or go home.

Ok I got it all hooked up now on my 13 mojo all that wire needed was ran back to the starter and hooked onto the starter where the yellow and red wire was hooked on....this is the same wire that comes out of the switch this is a lot better location being there is no cutting or splicing wires!! ......the set up works great!!