Default Best head unit option: 2008 Outback V

I just started moving forward installing my new Wetsounds Pro-80's and sub. Unfortunately I didn't think about my ability to turn the tower speakers on/off independent of my subwoofer when I purchased my Wetsounds PT-6 amp (meant to power both tower speakers and sub). From what I can tell I'm going to need to have 3 pre-amp outputs from my head unit to be able to have a remote gain wired for the towers so I can adjust them independent of the subwoofer.
    Does anybody have a good drop-in option for a head unit? If I can manage to simply drop a new unit in with additional pre-outs and bluetooth/USB that would be ideal.

Info for all the forum tech heads who have helped me previously:

- Stock Head Unit: KDC-MP2305
    - Tower Speakers: Wetsounds Pro-80's
    - Amplifier: Wetsounds PT-6
    - Subwoofer: Kicker 12" Solobaric L7

What I'm looking for:
    - No changes to head unit wiring (if possible)
    - USB input on front of head unit
    - Bluetooth (lets face it I'm going to want my phone at the driver's seat still controling the play list)

Thanks in advance!
    Tower Speakers: Check
    Subwoofer: Check
    Added Battery and ACR: In but needs a lil' fixing

If your existing source unit serves the purpose in every other respect then you can add a Kicker dual zone control with 4-channel line amp that will provide the tower to in-boat control.
    If the source unit is in the glove box then you still have the issue that the zone control is on the other side of the boat.
    If the source unit is on the driver's side and the controls are deep in the menu then you may also find that slow and inconvenient.
    If you have a rear chassis aux input then there are plenty of devices that convert this to a front panel connector, whether usb or 3.5mm or RCA.

David

Call crutchfield they will tell you what hu will plug and play into your existing sleeve.

Www.crutchfield.com
    Last edited by jmvotto; 04-07-2013 at 08:57 AM.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I put a new Kenwood in mine a while back, the 440 I think. I like it and it has 3 preamps, plus front panel aux and USB. It looks like it has been replaced with the 550, but I don't know if it has blueteeth.

Quote Originally Posted by NCSUmoomba View Post
    I put a new Kenwood in mine a while back, the 440 I think. I like it and it has 3 preamps, plus front panel aux and USB. It looks like it has been replaced with the 550, but I don't know if it has blueteeth.
    Brian - Was this a straight plug/play option when you put it in?
    Tower Speakers: Check
    Subwoofer: Check
    Added Battery and ACR: In but needs a lil' fixing

Yep, sure was.