Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default has anyone ever used a car alarm on a their boat?

I am thinking about putting a simple car alarm in my boat so that the punk kids in the neighbor hood cant take my stereo equipment. Has anyone ever done this? I ordered a cheap car alarm and will only be hooking up the shock sensor.

I can't say I've ever even thought about it...I'm not sure what you would hook it up to in the absence of doors, locks and windows though? I know you can get some alarms that set up a perimeter around a vehicle and once you walk into the perimeter or stick your hand in the open window the radar sensor goes off and activates the alarm. I think these are more expensive than most switch activated alarms but it might work better in your case.
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Where do you keep your boat? Is it on a private dock?

If so maybe just put a trip sensor across the dock. Even a simple motion light would probably help.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Default has anyone ever used a car alarm on a their boat?

You can install switches for the lockers and cubby doors

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

My idea of a SHOCK sensor is a little different. Don't you touch my Moomba.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I live in the hood. Literally. People will ask me for dollars in the front yard if I linger outside for too long. I wish I was kidding or exaggerating. So on the REALLY RARE occasion that my boat stays overnight, I put a wireless interior motion detector from my home's alarm system inside the boat. I sleep really light those nights.

Tom
    2008 Mobius LSV, 325 Assault, Acme 1433
    Ballast: 1100s rear, 400 center and IBS plumbed on valve. 3 Johnson Reversibles.
    Audio: 2 SKM10 subs and 6 KM6200s powered by Kicker IX1000.5, Pair REV8s powered by JL M4300 amp, Kenwood 440u head unit, RC107 remote at helm, and RC60 remote at transom
    Misc: Blue Seas Add-a-Battery, SeaDek, Evolution Cover, Blue interior LEDs, 2 Attwood Underwater LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by tcallis View Post
    I live in the hood. Literally. People will ask me for dollars in the front yard if I linger outside for too long. I wish I was kidding or exaggerating. So on the REALLY RARE occasion that my boat stays overnight, I put a wireless interior motion detector from my home's alarm system inside the boat. I sleep really light those nights.

Tom
    Lol yeah if this doesnt work ill have to come uo with something like that.

I think it is time to move...if at all possible!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

A buddy of mine put one in his Malibu AFTER he lost over $4k worth of stereo gear right out of his own side yard/driveway, behind a gate in a very upscale area. His is motion or shock activated, but I guess light enough that if a cat or something jumps on it that it won't go off. I could ask him more details about it. Pretty sure it is a Viper brand installed by a local car audio shop.

His biggest drawback at first was forgetting to turn it off and regularly setting it off!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Awesome thanks guys.
    I bought a cheap 30$ alarm off amazon with 5 stars. Got it in the mail today and put it in.
    It works great and super easy to instal. I was worried because it had door and trunk unlocks, ignition switch and I thought it would be a problem not hooking all that up.
    The longest part was taking the boat apart to hide the brain, shock sensor and siren. I just had to wire the positive and negative to the battery and do some programming. I set the warning to super sensitive so that it just chirps if some one were to bump it and set the actual alarm less sensitive so that it doesn't go off for no reason but sensitive enough to go off if you were to climb on the trailer. I connected it to the stereo battery which is behind the main starting battery so that if a punk was trying to disconnect it, it would take a while and the alarm would be screaming.
    Its a great piece of mind for 30$
    If anyone needs help or pics if interested let me know and I can help you out............