Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Yes - I'd like details on what you bought, installation, setup/testing, etc. Today has been a very bad day so far and something like this will definitely be going into my next unplanned upgrade...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

What happened Berg?
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

don't tell us you are installing a new stereo and not by choice....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

think worst case scenario...

Came out early this morning taking the garbage out. Side gate is hanging open. Boat is not covered but is under carport cover thing. Look over and see driver's seat has been removed and laying in the middle of the floor. Compartments are open, muddy footprints, cut wires, broken plastic, scrapes, punctures all over the interior like someone stabbing a screw driver. Got dressed and came back out once it was lighter.

2 of 3 amps gone
    Sub and enclosure gone
    HU faceplate gone
    ballast bags gone
    new lifejackets gone

I guess that was the easy stuff to pull out. The rest of the cabin speakers are pretty broken up and/or have holes punched in them like they tried to pry them out. Tower speakers are still there but all broken up and also look like they were pried on and stabbed a few times. Cans all scratched/gouged up around the edges. Rear deck vinyl is torn in a few spots like they tried to pry it open instead of using the release latch.

I'm not sure what else is missing yet. Trying to do an inventory. Hard to remember what all was in there.

Took the day off work - filed a police report which really won't amount to diddly. Took a few dozen pictures. Waiting on a call back from insurance to see what happens next.

Feeling like I've been kicked in the stomach a few times.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Default has anyone ever used a car alarm on a their boat?

Oh my goodness, I'm so sorry to read this!

Sorry to hear this, Berg. This is not your fault and is a property damage only claim. Not a big deal to an insurer. You will get stuck with your deductible but will also get some nice new stuff. I hope you're working on your inventory now. Get good estimates for all the repairs and replacements. Also, you have lots of time before your season really gets going so it's going to be OK. Still, feel for you, bro.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

sooo sorry to read this. you're probably right in that it'll be tough to get stuff back, but doesn't hurt to watch craigslist for a month or so..

electronics are the easy stuff to replace. hope the interior isn't too bad and wiring isn't hard to replace..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Default has anyone ever used a car alarm on a their boat?

So sorry to hear this!!!!
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    don't tell us you are installing a new stereo and not by choice....
    wow sorry to hear that!
    I just got a cheap 30$ alarm from amazon with the most stars.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00..._email_1p_0_ti
    It has door and trunk unlocks but I only used it for the shock sensor.
    Only thing that I needed to hook up was the positive and negative to the battery and its good to go. You need to hook up the ignition wire to the battery for initial setup. I took the side panels of the boat off so I could Hid everything, that was the most time consuming. It would take a pos burglar a good 10 minutes to locate it and cut the wires, by that time I or my neighbors would have heard the alarm.
    I set the warning alarm very sensitive so that if you stand next to the boat and fart it will chirp as a warning. The actual alarm will go off if you get on it. My hopes are that a thief will her the warning and piece out.
    I also put a camera on it so that if I here it, I can check my phone to see the camera without getting out of bed. The cameras were about 300$
    I have a gnarly alarm on the house that I installed that ran about 400$ for every door and window in the house plus motions. I monitor all of it from my phone instead of paying a alarm company 30$ a month.
    Its all a piece of mind for me and my family. Its literally fortknox at my house and i sleep good at night!
    hope this helps, any questions shoot me a pm

The best part is, I took the boat out last Saturday and the cove area where everyone hangs out was packed.
    I pulled up and armed it ..... as a joke. Had people laughing