Thread: Hour meter

Default Hour meter

I have a 2009 lsv, does the hour meter run with the key on? And does it run when the key is on acc? I never have checked and I keep forgetting. Trying to see how many hours my boat has on the motor

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    2009 moomba Mobius lsv

Should only be when the engine is actually running.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I haven't checked this boat, but all of the other boats have run the hour meter in the ON position. So, if you accidentaly leave it to on after shutting off the engine, it ran the hour meter. Not in the ACC position.

The Moomba could be different. I know my friend added about 75 hours to his TIGE after one weekend of cleaning.

If you have a question, the ECU logs engine hours that are running. So, if you left the key on, you can get the difference in boat hours and engine hours.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Default Hour meter

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post

If you have a question, the ECU logs engine hours that are running. So, if you left the key on, you can get the difference in boat hours and engine hours.
    Is that something that only the dealer (shop) can find out?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2010 MOOMBA LSV
    340 CAT
    ACME 1235
    3100#'s

The dealer or if you have the proper scan tool (I don't know what that is specific to Indmar engines).
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

I use to worry about this with the LSV and i can tell you its only when the Engine is physically running, In the older boats it might be due to key position from a lack of computers but the newer 08 and up is only when the engine is running.

With the new style pumps and such if you have a Supra the engine has to be running to even fill and drain the ballast, that how it is on Bradd Webbs 21V

In the Mojo with the new dash that shows fill levels, you have to ahve the key on to see the display but the pumps work with the key off.

When i go out today ill see if my hour meter runs with the key is on and engine is off, but im pretty positive its only when the engine its self is physically running.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Re: Hour meter

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I use to worry about this with the LSV and i can tell you its only when the Engine is physically running, In the older boats it might be due to key position from a lack of computers but the newer 08 and up is only when the engine is running.

With the new style pumps and such if you have a Supra the engine has to be running to even fill and drain the ballast, that how it is on Bradd Webbs 21V

In the Mojo with the new dash that shows fill levels, you have to ahve the key on to see the display but the pumps work with the key off.

When i go out today ill see if my hour meter runs with the key is on and engine is off, but im pretty positive its only when the engine its self is physically running.
    Awesome thanks. I figured it would be with only engine running but u never know.
    2009 moomba Mobius lsv