Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Mojo Wakeboard wake

See. I'd like to see a clean wake at like 20mph at 65ft with stock ballast full

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

well, guess you need to schedule a demo.

stock ballast . . . . not on my boat

http://youtu.be/kY84MRnxVzo

stock ballast
    Aren't those two words normally used together with "getting rid of" or "upgrading" ??
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

So David, planning to upgrade to a Mojo? lots of questions about the wake from you.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I helped put almost 100 hours on my Gisepi's last summer. The boat was problem free and always a blast. The boat doesn't need a lot of weight to make a nice steep wake. It has a lot of straight up pop, really fun. It's also fairly narrow so going wake to wake is pretty easy and blasting into the flats is pretty effortless. We did find that the because it has a steeper/lippy wake (different from the SA which is supposed to be a little more mellow I've read), the more bow weight the better. With only the stock front ballast and 1100's in the rear it would sometimes wash over if the boat wasn't balanced, but thats pretty common for most boats with a weight setup like that. More front weight helped a lot.

Compared to the LSV I found the wake bigger, steeper and it had more pop, but I don't know if I would say it was less sensitive when weighted, probably close to the same. Also with full ballast, 65ft and going 20, it will be touch and go to have a totally clean wake on both sides. Usually boats with a more mellow wake excel in this area. Definitley try this during your demo if it's important to you.

I don't have any good videos of it but the wake is the best moomba wake I have ridden yet. I keep bugging Gisepi that this summer we are goona throw 1-2k in the bow and really put her to the test.
    Last edited by 501; 03-28-2013 at 11:31 PM.
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!

Just stumbled across this in my email. You can get a few wb wake glimpses in the vid. And the first "official looking" surf vid I've seen...

http://reader.bonniercorp.com/g/wkbg...bbg_moomba/h/4
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    So David, planning to upgrade to a Mojo? lots of questions about the wake from you.
    Ha! Not anytime soon, I just spent all my money on a house. By the time I am able to upgrade who knows what my options will be but IF I were to upgrade now it would probably be a Mojo

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Note to self. 14 people in a mojo with ballast full, an 800lb bow sac, and a 500lb in the floor produces a wake that requires you go about 25.5 to get clean. We ended up emptying the stock ballast, using the floor sacs as seats and running 23.2. Oh well..... Overall a fun day and everybody got to wakeboard.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364644647.141282.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

Here are some shots i found running about 23mps full ballast.

Mojo Wake 3.jpg

Mojo Wake 1.jpg

Mojo Wake 2.jpg

Mojo Wake 4.jpg

Mojo Wake 5.jpg
    Levi
    Former owner of a 08 Mobuis XLV, Cat340, 2650 Lbs.
    I miss that boat!

Quote Originally Posted by 501 View Post
    Here are some shots i found running about 23mps full ballast.

Mojo Wake 3.jpg

Mojo Wake 1.jpg

Mojo Wake 2.jpg

Mojo Wake 4.jpg

Mojo Wake 5.jpg
    eeewwww the water is so rough in all these pictures haha
    David