Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Closed

Default Just Closed

The guys have been really getting to work on it. We met with the builder today to discuss where we wanted electrical plugs, cable outlets, ect ect. Here are some updated pictures

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Just Closed

Make sure you put outlets in the soffits. Also tell him to put 220 in the garage just in case you add a compressor or welding machine in the future. Also a cable drop in the garage is great
    2007 Supra 20SSV - 325HP - SOLD (What's Next?)

Wetsounds Rev 10's
    XS-650's
    Syn 6
    Syn 4
    WS-420

Default Just Closed

Once they start roughing in electric & plumbing, take pics and/or video. You will be able to know what's behind the drywall and hopefully not cause yourself headaches down the road by drilling, nailing, cutting into something important.

Default Just Closed

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Once they start roughing in electric & plumbing, take pics and/or video. You will be able to know what's behind the drywall and hopefully not cause yourself headaches down the road by drilling, nailing, cutting into something important.
    Yeah I told Heidi to take some pictures of it all. I'm on my way to work now and won't be back for 21 days, I may catch it before they drywall it and may not

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Not only cable in the garage, I would run cat 5 every place. We ended up having to purchase a rocket fish network to get internet to the gaming systems and blueray in the basement. Wifi was too slow and would timeout.

In Ohio the only insulate the outer walls, not the interior walls. My neighbor went in an add to the interior walls and you can tell the sound does to travel like the other homes in the hood. Your a few years away from have running noise makers yet.

Looking great!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Default Just Closed

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    Not only cable in the garage, I would run cat 5 every place. We ended up having to purchase a rocket fish network to get internet to the gaming systems and blueray in the basement. Wifi was too slow and would timeout.

In Ohio the only insulate the outer walls, not the interior walls. My neighbor went in an add to the interior walls and you can tell the sound does to travel like the other homes in the hood. Your a few years away from have running noise makers yet.
    We are running cat 5 from the office to the living room and master bedroom for streaming Netflix and stuff on TV. Also installing cable TV jacks in every room

Sent from my iPhone
    David

Exciting stuff - starting to look like a house!

I'd second the suggestion of insulation in the interior walls. Buddy of mine did that down his upstairs hallway and all the bedrooms and bonus/rec room when his house was built. Cost was pretty minimal. Benefits are huge.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Exciting stuff - starting to look like a house!

I'd second the suggestion of insulation in the interior walls. Buddy of mine did that down his upstairs hallway and all the bedrooms and bonus/rec room when his house was built. Cost was pretty minimal. Benefits are huge.
    until you want to run a wire

we are done adding stuff, we have gone so far over our original budget it is unreal. the next house when we are not 25 and 26 will be built EXACTLY how we want with a larger budget hopefully. this just needs to get us through the next 10 years or so haha.
    David

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    I'd second the suggestion of insulation in the interior walls. Benefits are huge.
    Ditto. If you have limited time and resources, at least get the bathrooms. Also, make sure the contractor actually runs the bathroom ceiling vents to an outside wall or through the roof so they exhaust outside the house.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles