Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Closed

Buy your knobs online. I think we had to get 111 handles for all the cabinets in the house last year. After pricing from the box stores I was set to buy online and then told my friend at Kitchen Tune Up and he ordered them for me at cost. Great to have friends who are in the business.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Just Closed

Is kitchen tune up a good site to use?

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

No idea. I actually ordered out of one of his catalogues. I think the site I was going to use was:

http://www.knobs4less.com/Amerock-Oi...merockorb.html

Best to figure out exactly what you want and then search on the exact name or model.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I thought I would chime in since I just went through the whole knob debacle for my house. This is what I went with and they look great:

http://www.menards.com/main/bath/bat...589-c-9341.htm

I believe Amazon also has 'Hickory Hardware' project packs, but these were available locally for me. All depends how fancy you want as well. I was able to sell the ones that were in my house from the 80s as 'vintage' and upgrade to these ones for <$20
    -Ryan
    twitter.com/WakeVideos
    2000 Mobius V
    Monster Tower MT2 - 750 rears, GG 1180 center - PP Wakeboard Edition

Quote Originally Posted by ryan_8099 View Post
    I thought I would chime in since I just went through the whole knob debacle for my house. This is what I went with and they look great:

http://www.menards.com/main/bath/bat...589-c-9341.htm

I believe Amazon also has 'Hickory Hardware' project packs, but these were available locally for me. All depends how fancy you want as well. I was able to sell the ones that were in my house from the 80s as 'vintage' and upgrade to these ones for <$20
    Thats awesome if you have something to sell. We will probably just out fit the kitchen first, then do the bathrooms later to spread out the stick shock
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

I think we ended up spending around $300 on pulls for the kitchen. I got them from Lowe's, using their card for the discount, and didn't think they were terribly priced. That's one item we didn't shop around a ton, though.

Like you mentioned, you can always do rooms at a time. I haven't skimmed pictures of kitchens lately but it probably makes sense to do lower cabinets and not the uppers in the kitchen.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

^ I think that was only like 25'ish handles, though. LOL, not 111!
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

We just freshened up the kitchen as well. I was into Lowes $250-300 all said and done for the hardware. ~22 cabinet knobs, ~16 pull handles. Couldn't find the style we wanted in bulk packs. But then of course we had to do all the hinges to match, pantry door knob and hinges, etc. and the price keeps going up...

Why is it the faucet that matches the new handles best is also the most expensive of the lot?
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    We just freshened up the kitchen as well. I was into Lowes $250-300 all said and done for the hardware. ~22 cabinet knobs, ~16 pull handles. Couldn't find the style we wanted in bulk packs. But then of course we had to do all the hinges to match, pantry door knob and hinges, etc. and the price keeps going up...

Why is it the faucet that matches the new handles best is also the most expensive of the lot?

Faucets can get crazy expensive and it seems to be primarily based on how they look and not so much on how they work. People will pay for that "look" they are going for i guess.
    David

Ok here are some. Should be ready for our final walk through Friday and hopefully we will be getting the keys!

kitchen

half bath
    David