Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Closed

and "yes dear" and "I'll go get the truck"...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Better make sure you talk to the builder or electrician about this. I had a friend who went over to his house and added speaker wire and cat and some coax. They ripped it all out. He was pi$$$$ed. Clear it ahead of time so there is no misunderstanding. I do recommend doing as much of this ahead of time as you can. I noticed a lot of blocks in the stud walls in your pics. Those make it very hard to run wires down the walls later.
    I ran into this when we had our home built 2 years ago. I was smart and added it as one of the conditions when we closed, so when it came time and i asked my builder he was like ohh hell no you cant do anything to the house. I showed him my contract and he was like ok ok on this day, at this time, get it done.

SO i did all that, ran cable to all the rooms, ran phone, cat 5, and speakers to all the rooms, outside, ran video survalence wires to all areas i wanted hiden cameras in.

Problem came at Electrical inspection time. The builders electrical passed but mine failed because i had no permit.
    I had to goto the next larger town and get a permit even though all my wire is considered low voltage.

Once i got the permit the electrical guy signed off and they drywalled.

Moral is make sure your area doesnt require a low voltage permit since you are doing the work yourself.
    Other wise it will hold up your house build and in the end you could get fined by the builder for delaying his build schedule.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I ran into this when we had our home built 2 years ago. I was smart and added it as one of the conditions when we closed, so when it came time and i asked my builder he was like ohh hell no you cant do anything to the house. I showed him my contract and he was like ok ok on this day, at this time, get it done.

SO i did all that, ran cable to all the rooms, ran phone, cat 5, and speakers to all the rooms, outside, ran video survalence wires to all areas i wanted hiden cameras in.

Problem came at Electrical inspection time. The builders electrical passed but mine failed because i had no permit.
    I had to goto the next larger town and get a permit even though all my wire is considered low voltage.

Once i got the permit the electrical guy signed off and they drywalled.

Moral is make sure your area doesnt require a low voltage permit since you are doing the work yourself.
    Other wise it will hold up your house build and in the end you could get fined by the builder for delaying his build schedule.
    The builder is doing all the wiring i mentioned above. I don't really have the most flexible work schedule when it comes to being home at the right time in the build process to do these things myself.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

That's for sure. Good for you-- good planning.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Heidis brother cruised by the house today and snapped some shots...

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Its getting there bud! Looks great.
    -Mark
    14 Mojo - 72 hours and growing
    02 Mobius LSV ---- Sold and always will be remembered as the one that started it all.

"Hey you only live once"

Default Re: Just Closed

Coming along. You gotta be stoked!

Sent from my iPhone 5... ya right!

PWI as usual...

Default Just Closed

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    The telephone jack kinda made me chuckle. Glad to you hear you got it all done now on the front end. We are working on a remodel and I was supposed to have the whole house wired and one electrician after another flaked on doing the work. I'm likely going to end up with Sonos so if anyone has bad reviews, pm me.

Progress is awesome! Bet yall are excited. Going to have to shop for furniture or moving alot of it in?
    Kg, my business is home theater/ sound systems/ low voltage stuff. I am a Sonos dealer And install it on 90% of my jobs. I would be happy to discuss it with you. Let me know and we can get on the phone or email about it. It's an awesome product and very flexible. It has some small cons, depending on how you plan to use it. There are other products too that might be a good fit for you.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Nice offer right there. Love this place.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

whats is sonos?
    David