Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Just Closed

well folks the builder has officially broke ground! Heidi sent me this picture, looks like it is leveled and they have received a load of lumber!

David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

got the foundation framed in
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Default Re: Just Closed

Fun times ahead! Have everything picked out?

We are on week 3 or 4 of a renovation ourselves. Its alot of decisions!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Fun times ahead! Have everything picked out?

We are on week 3 or 4 of a renovation ourselves. Its alot of decisions!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    we do but im always second guessing how it is going to look when it all comes together
    David

funny watching them build homes in the south where you just scrape off some dirt and pour a "foundation". no actual crawl space.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

No crawl? How about no basement? Very strange to see no excavation.
    2008 Outback V

What is a "basement"?

"Excavate" here in Florida and you will hit water.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    What is a "basement"?

"Excavate" here in Florida and you will hit water.
    About the same way here in Katy. I thought it was crazy when I visited my uncle in Chicago and we hung out down in the basement.
    David

No expectation of a basement down here. Miss the storage. Attics are HOT! But we live outside a lot more so we don't need the rec space so much.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

A basement is the other half a house.... Almost. Funny we have them and its likely harder ground etc here than there yet it is very Normal for you Not to have them. Even Crawl spaces are virtually unheard of here.

We do have other issues to deal with . Namely a frost level of Aprox 8 ft. Which then means our Plumbing services are Deeper yet so that the plumbing in the basement has somewhere to go . A few exceptions are made and Plumbing is pumped UP, but then freezing issues are quite possible.Our water supply piping is Deep to avoid the frost.

As for square footage it usually adds nearly 1/3 to 1/2 to the size of the house depending on weather its a 2 story or Bungalow style house. Economically it makes way more sense i believe. Once basements are finished ,if done properly,can actually be warmer and or cooler than the rest of the house.

We, i must add are in a weather cliimate, Where heat is a Must most of the year and a very sellect few will opt for Air conditioning. This i know would be a big change from most of you Warm weather folks. We honestly have but a couple weeks a summer where AC would be a real nice thing.

Anyway to each his own and looking forward to seeing pics, hopefully of how some of the house is built etc. I'm a plumber doing new home construction, so its always interesting to see how things are done similar or different in different parts of the country..
    Good luck on your new home..... Enjoy.
    07 Outback DD