Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 2009 21v Supra Launch?

A friend of mine has this boat and he knows I'm in the market. He wants $43500 for the boat and it has 145 hours on it! It has been babied and wiped down after every outing. Even I have wiped this boat down many times, so I know he has taken good care of it. He put a new Bimini Top and new rub rails on it this winter.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364314482.442974.jpg

My concerns are:

I don't really like the graphics on the back and I wonder if it will leave a noticeable mark if I remove them, being that they have been on there for 4 years now?

I really love the Moomba line and I wasn't really planning on spending 43k, but if I did I would get a leftover 2012 LSV for under 50k. So I guess my question is, would this Supra be worth the money or should I just go with the 2012 LSV if I can't find a nice used one near by!?

We would mainly Lounge around, surf, wakeboard, and pull the girls on tubes with this boat, in that order....

Thanks in Advance,
    Taylor
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...

+ of the Supra is generally more options and a different fit finish on the interior. The 9 had the cushions that hang over a bit and to me makes the interior look a bit smaller. I really love the Supra line though.

When i Surfed a Supra Lunch i personally felt the wave was a bit tall and not long enough. This can be dialed in better but compared to the LSV i think the LSV has the better out of the box wave for surfing.

Wake board wave should be hands down better on the Launch due to everything i have herd from people who ride both boats, the Launch is known for its wake board wave.

As for the lettering stickers, yes you could remove them but i think you will get some ghosting effect. Even when i removed them on my white section of the 08 in 10 i could see ghosting. Little compound and buffing it came right out.

As for the price, sounds pretty fair on a Supra, depending on the options. I really think you cant go wrong with it or a 12 LSV. Its mostly in the options from one boat to the other and slightly different waves. Nothing night and day drastic though
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

agreeing with mike.. from what I have read, the 21v is the best wakeboat supra had in the lineup until the sa model, but it was not a very solid wakesurf boat. I would not have any hesitations about the graphics as a detail shop and some colorsanding will make the boat look new. I'd more be asking the questions on what's important. the lsv is an overall solid performer in every category where the 21v is noted as a stellar wakeboat. your priorities will dictate what you should buy.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Hey, what's your friend's number? I'd like to give him a call and ask him a few questions about the boat.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

If you have been in both then you have an idea of the different "feel" of the finishes. I'm not sure how the interior room compares on the two boats but I believe they are similar lengths?

The surf is workable but the 21v isn't a known for its surfing, it's more known for its wakeboard wake, which up until the SA was skiers choice cleanest wake.

Does the Supra have the vision system? It has the Z5 which I'm a huge fan of .. dual axle trailer, colored hull, etc ... items it would probably be hard to get on a leftover 12.

I bet the stickers would come off without leaving much of a mark. If it did it could be buffed like Mike mentioned. I pulled my graphics in 09 on an 06, black boat.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    If you have been in both then you have an idea of the different "feel" of the finishes. I'm not sure how the interior room compares on the two boats but I believe they are similar lengths?
    Yup they are the same length. The Supra cabin feels slightly smaller because of the cushion over hang but your only talking a couple inches.

The material they use in the Supra is much nicer IMO then the LSV. It has more texture and i also like the way all the corners are done. They are a little more squared off and to me looks more pleasing.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Great write up Mike. Really good Info. So the Supra would be an "ok" wave for a bunch of Beginners (with the right placement of bags)???

Sandm - Yea we really love to wakeboard, but get tired fast and end up surfing. If we surfed behind my 04 Outback, I'm sure either the Supra OR the LSV will be a noticeable upgrade. Noted, we are by no means experts at anything other than having a good time out there.

Kane - I don't think so man... You trying to steal my potential "NEW TO ME" boat!?!?! haha

KG - I'm not sure what the "vision system" is...?... But, Yea it definitely has more of a "luxury" feel to the inside. And yes the leftover 2012 selections are getting slimmer and slimmer by the day here in Texas and the ones not getting picked are getting more and more unattractive... haha

Thanks for the very informative replies guys!!!
    2008 LSV Blue on White

That's the lowest priced '09 Launch I can find on the ole' interweb. Don't tell your friend that you (or kane) are about to steal his boat.

Guys all gave you great info above.

Vision is the screen in the dash. It will be much more functional than standard perfect pass. It will have multiple rider presets, including ballast also, i think. Supra will also have an automatic wakeplate that adjusts once you are on plane to conserve fuel.

I thought I had a picture of the 21v surf wave but I can't seem to find it. It is definitely surfable, though.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Thanks Wolf and KG!

I know he would be selling it to me for what he bought it for a year and a half ago. If I remember right he got it off a guy in the off season who was in a bit of a sticky financial situation and needed the money.

Thanks Again to all you guys will all this info! It is greatly appreciated!!!
    2008 LSV Blue on White