Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

Default Tower modification

Well since the boat is now paid for and looks like its a keeper for now , would like to be able to pivot the tower towards the stern simular to the 2006 and newer lsv. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated. I have access to aluminum welder .
    Jim
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..

I think the eaisest way and least evasive to welding would be to drill out the front section it pivots from, then install screw clamp type system they use on the LSV.

It had the larger hand knobs on both ends that screw together.

I think all you would have to cut and weld is the ends of the tube to weld two 1/2 sections to mate together and screw in the knobs.

Have a look at some of the LVS tower picks where you have the lateral bar that folds down to the gunell.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I did that one time on the 03-same tower. it sat about 2 feet above the windshied frame and the rear would need to be supported or the front legs are about 5 feet above the deck. With it supported in the rear it would not fit into my garage that way, anyway all I did was just loosen the hand knobs on the rear and removed the front allen screws from the front leg and unplug the wireing an let it pivot on the hand knobs

I did remove that tower a few times and its very light weight.
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Payson , Arizona/Arvada , Colorado/Montana

So are you suggesting to pivot the tower towards the stern on the rear mounts?
    Jim
    05 Mobius lsv , ballast system , stereo, etc..