Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Check engine light

Took the new boat out last Friday to start break in hours and had no problems at all. Not that it matters much but it was 75 degrees and sunny outside and water was 50 degrees.
    On Thursday my new prop came in so we switched from the stock 537 to the 1433.
    Today we went back out to the lake for an open house at the marina. Did a few passes by the docks to show the boats. Didn't appear to have any problems but the check engine light came on. All fluids were good and no problems with gauges aside from light. I was told possible that the heater was pulling too much off the battery when it was running at idle or low rpm.

Any ideas?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

I've never had the heater draw enough current at idle to trip the check engine light - once I had all LEDs and stereo on with heater full blast at idle and it tripped the breaker, but that was it.
    2013 Outback V

We are headed out ill see if i notice any issues the same. If i recall on the LSV the little Red light by the Lanyard would stay on when going very slow, and idle..Not positive though as i didnt pay it much attention LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    We are headed out ill see if i notice any issues the same. If i recall on the LSV the little Red light by the Lanyard would stay on when going very slow, and idle..Not positive though as i didnt pay it much attention LOL.
    Yes on my 2010 that light would stay on until I reached about 1200rpms. However on the 2013 I have that light which operates the same as well as a check engine light by the key on the dash.

Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

I think if you shut it off and try to refire it up in gear it will trip a check engine light for a few cycles

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by tnbrooks01 View Post
    Yes on my 2010 that light would stay on until I reached about 1200rpms. However on the 2013 I have that light which operates the same as well as a check engine light by the key on the dash.

Was out all day and more then 1/2 the time this light was on.

I'm going to have to call the dealer. I noticed it on when i had the ballast full but when i drained it it went off. Something isn't right here.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Have a 2011 Mobius LSV, We had it out for the first time a couple of years ago and freaked out about the light under the throttle that would be on during idle. Finally after 15 minutes of worrying got down and read the notice under it and realized that at 1200RPM or lower, light is on because of oil pressure. Then 4 weeks later or so, went to accelerate to pull wakeboarder up and engine wouldnt throttle up, looked down and realized engine light next to ignition was on and shut off engine immediately. Let sit for 10 minutes, started engine again, light still on. Shut down again and unhooked positive battery terminal, let sit 10 minutes, re-connected terminal. Started engine once again and light was off. After we pulled out boat that day, checked everything, all good.
    -Tyler G-
    Gilbert,AZ

2011 Moomba Mobius LSV
    -Gravity 3 Ballast System
    -Wakeplate
    -6 Kicker Speakers
    -4 Channel Kicker Amp

Looking to upgrade stereo soon!!!!
    THANKS ACTION WATER SPORTS AZ!!!!!

Just talked to the dealer. They asked me to look at a couple things to make sure it wasn't something super simple.

I am going to add some Stabil in the fuel as i know its older from Oct when we went out in Cali. So might be fuel going bad.

Also Dealer said you can get the check engine light due to Emissions, the engine wont go into limp mode because its ok but the CEL comes on because emissions is out of its parameter.

This might explain the light while surfing but not wake boarding.

Hope to get the boat out again next weekend if the weather holds and can experiment more.

Eighter way dealer said bring the boat in and they will run a scan on it and they can look back to when the light first came on and check things out even if the light isn't currently coming on.
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks, great feedback! I will be back at the marina later this week so we can take a look at then.
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

I have an 08 XLV and that annoying light has been on for a few years now. I have seen threads like this come and go a few times. It's some kind of electrical glitch common to Moomba for sure and I would imagine Supra. It's a bit concerning at first 'til you realize your boat is operating fine ! I can't believe that 5 years later they still have this issue, probably your guages will start falling thru the dash soon too
    2008 xlv gg 340hp