Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Tower speaker setup?

Anyone running the The KICKERŪ KM6500.2 HLCD Tower Component System would like some feedback on how these compare to wetsounds or Exiles? Liquid Audio has a nice 4 pod setup for sale on ebay that looks good and I would like to have a 4 pod setup without breaking the bank.

Quote Originally Posted by treverspence View Post
    Anyone running the The KICKERŪ KM6500.2 HLCD Tower Component System would like some feedback on how these compare to wetsounds or Exiles? Liquid Audio has a nice 4 pod setup for sale on ebay that looks good and I would like to have a 4 pod setup without breaking the bank.
    A friend of mine has those on his boat. They can be heard nicely at 70ft. For my thoughts they are a little too bright when you sit in his boat but as long as you have a tower volume control i think you will be happy with the purchase.

I don't think i would compare them to WS or Exile mainly because you add your own can, or pod for them. Depending on the type and how you do it can change there sound.

WS and Exile both come in pre-designed enclosures.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

brian at exile has a deal on sxt65q with swivel clamp

http://exileaudio.com/store/index.ph...r-speaker.html

i paid 485$ for a pair

hope it helps

Quote Originally Posted by wakeboy View Post
    brian at exile has a deal on sxt65q with swivel clamp

http://exileaudio.com/store/index.ph...r-speaker.html

i paid 485$ for a pair

hope it helps
    While i am one of Exiles biggest supporters, i don't think the SXTQ line is going to work for this situation. A single pair wont be herd at wake board distance like a true HLCD would. The XM7 would be a better comparison for this.

I'm not going to compare speaker brands though, not my forte
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Trever, I have the Kicker tower speakers on my 07. They are good but I have never heard the exile or others so I have nothing to compare them to. I found a company that does refurbished Kickers for cheap so thats why I bought them. This year I am adding a separate amp for just the tower with a volume control. Right now they are on the same amp as the inside so its not the best. I will say that they are 10 times better then just regular marine grade speakers.

One of my friend ordered Kicker 11KM6500 Kicker speakers. Those are not Tower speakers but cabin speakers. I'm not sure what did he compare with but he owns the home theater business. I'm sure those should sounds good. I'll be going to his place within few days to install LED rings on those dang thing for FREE since he does home theater programming FREE for me.. HAHAHA

can't wait to hear those and put against my Exile SX65M cabin speakers..

Quote Originally Posted by sgoyal View Post
    One of my friend ordered Kicker 11KM6500 Kicker speakers. Those are not Tower speakers but cabin speakers. I'm not sure what did he compare with but he owns the home theater business. I'm sure those should sounds good. I'll be going to his place within few days to install LED rings on those dang thing for FREE since he does home theater programming FREE for me.. HAHAHA

can't wait to hear those and put against my Exile SX65M cabin speakers..
    Just to make a minor correction. The Kicker KM6500.2 IS a Horn Loaded Compression Driver Tower System and NOT an in-boat coaxial speaker. The kicker KM6500.2 is what the OP is inquiring about.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Just to make a minor correction. The Kicker KM6500.2 IS a Horn Loaded Compression Driver Tower System and NOT an in-boat coaxial speaker. The kicker KM6500.2 is what the OP is inquiring about.
    I'm going to get my BEER LOL...

Had them on my Moomba cause i couldnt afford the more expensive brand. I love them, were super loud and clear. Wakeboarding a 80 feet and sounds was crips and sweet. My new boat will have 2 sets of wet sounds pro 696 (6x9). One set i got second hand and the other new from the dealer with the install of my acc. Cant rate the wetsounds but heard very good review on them but price point, kicker did an excellent job and if my dealer couldnt have help me on the price of another set of can with wetsounds i would have probably move the kicker from my Moomba to my next boat. You wont regret it.