Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Wake plate problems

Took the boat out for the first time the other day and the wake plate wouldn't move up or down. It's acting like they might be seized up. Can someone point me in the right direction to check the fluid? It's a 04 LSV thanks!!!
    2004 Mobius LSV

A friend of mine had a similar issue on his Tige and it was a fluid issue. He refilled and it's been working great for a couple of years. Not sure how to check it though.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

My "blinker switch" on the steering column was mounted with the wiring very tight. By moving the wheel up and down, the wiring was pulled from the switch and caused my plate not to move. Simple fix. If you hear the pump, then you may have other issues.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    My "blinker switch" on the steering column was mounted with the wiring very tight. By moving the wheel up and down, the wiring was pulled from the switch and caused my plate not to move. Simple fix. If you hear the pump, then you may have other issues.
    Same problem with mine

Pump and tank are located in the engine compartment mounted to the port (left) bulkhead support. The tank is opaque so you can see the level. If you hear the pump run but the plate doesn't move, check the fluid level. Uses ATF fluid and the fill port is very small. After adding fluid, run the plate up and down several times to bleed the air out. Also check the actuators for leaks.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

Great thanks I'll check it tonight! Yea I can hear the motor trying to move but just seems to stay one one spot.
    2004 Mobius LSV

Is there any way my actuators are just electric? Cause I've looked everywhere for a place to check fluid and can't find any. Does anyone have any ideas?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364426027.822434.jpg
    2004 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
    Is there any way my actuators are just electric? Cause I've looked everywhere for a place to check fluid and can't find any. Does anyone have any ideas?ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364426027.822434.jpg
    If yours is an '04 it is Hydraulic not electric according to owner manual. I had an '02 and it was Hydraulic. I want to recall the fluid tank was in starboard rear locker at the very back. About the size of a 1/2 gallon milk carton.

Definitely hydraulic. The fluid reservoir on my 08 LSV is mounted right next to the ski plyon in the engine compartment. Worst case, follow the hoses connected to those two actuators back to the reservoir. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyMike View Post
    2008 Mobius LSV, 325 Assault, Acme 1433
    Ballast: 1100s rear, 400 center and IBS plumbed on valve. 3 Johnson Reversibles.
    Audio: 2 SKM10 subs and 6 KM6200s powered by Kicker IX1000.5, Pair REV8s powered by JL M4300 amp, Kenwood 440u head unit, RC107 remote at helm, and RC60 remote at transom
    Misc: Blue Seas Add-a-Battery, SeaDek, Evolution Cover, Blue interior LEDs, 2 Attwood Underwater LEDs

04 LSV eventually became 08 Outback V, which I owned. Confirming that it is hydraulic and that reservoir is located in engine compartment. I believe mine was mounted on the aluminum engine box bracing, up near the ski pylon, but on the port side.

If nothing else, call a dealer or email [email protected]