Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Wrecked Truck, Financial Mess

I have had a lot of bad thoughts and ideas running thru my head trust me. I just take a deep breath and recompose myself because at the end of the day I don't want this getting out of control. So far I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau, this is step 1. Next will be Angie/Craigslist, then im gonna throw an article in the local paper. i might also rent a billboard outside the brick supply company. I might be out more than 500 when it's all over but it's about principle now so I will crush him the right way.

I tried filing as underinsured/noninsured but the kid has insurance. This is why im so upset, he has a policy but its going on mine and if he flakes out on the deductible than I have no pay it to get it out of repair shop

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Hate reading all this bro, i really do.

You should just come out of pocket, even if it goes on the credit card. You will pay more then Triple this amount in increased insurance. Also if the ungodly does happen and your in a real accident, they will drop you forcing you to go high risk insurance and pay unreal amounts.

I had this happen to me when i was with my Wife 1.0. She hacked into my restored 78 Trans Am. i figured id put it on her insurance so big deal.

A year later she got a double DUI, plus a dozen citations with it. By the end of the ordeal they only hit her with a DUI on a guilty plea. My insurance payment for her when from 90 a month to 300 a month. I had to sell her car because i couldn't afford it any more.

Moral is, don't claim anything on the insurance that you have the means to pay out of pocket. Even if it sets you back 1 year.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

The only bad thing is that the insurance company already has a record of it.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

I know as a business owner, I had to have $1 mil liability insurance. Any chance your insurance company will pursue that route? Maybe different in each state.

Karma is a bitch, no need to take action into your own hands. Good idea calling the local "8 on your side" investigative news reporter to air on the local news.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Sorry to hear about it... It does seem weird that it goes on your auto ins. It should go on HIS BUSINESS ins.

Oh well, it is what it is now I guess. I personally don't believe in the whole "get even" thing; God is watching; he'll get his. I do believe in warning others though, and have used the BBB before to get my money back and warn others.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Dang brother - I like the idea of showing up in uniform to "discuss" the issue with him. hehehe.

If insurance hasn't paid anything can't the claim be dropped or cancelled?

Food for thought - I did a fender bender on my brother's truck when it was parked at my house for a week. Literally just a fender scraped up and buckled, similar to what you're showing, which I had backed into. Long story short, the local body shop quoted me $900+. A shadetree mechanic painter guy who works out of his own shop was $320. He had it done in two days and never a word to insurance - or my brother either until after he had it back for a couple weeks!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Matthew 5:38

already been reported to my insurance company so there is no way to drop it at this point. my insurance company, and his agreed) that in Texas the insurance policy goes with the vehicle not the driver. this is why I am at "fault" according to usaa. she said if a car wash or valet damaged my truck after I gave them consent to drive it, the scenario would be the same

sent from my home phone
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Out of curiosity, is his auto policy a commercial or personal auto policy? Does he a have a Commercial General Liability policy for the business aside from the auto (be it pers. or com.)?

And everything you have been told is correct, in Texas when you borrow a car, you borrow insurance.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

I know he has a personal policy with Geico as they called me and took a recorded statement. he told me he had a commercial policy for his business but I never spoke with them or even know who the company is. he stated his deductible is 1k with his commercial policy and that's why he notified geico

sent from my home phone
    Jason

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV