Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Wrecked Truck, Financial Mess

Well the outdoor bar/kitchen is done and I've really enjoyed it. A little mishap occurred during the construction thou and it involves my truck. My brick contractor had consent to back up my truck to unload the sand from the bed. I was at work on this day and received a text from him stating that he "scratched" my truck. Long story short, the kid unloaded the sand and when he pulled fwd to park my truck he ran into the pallets of brick that were on the side of the driveway. How he did this i still don't know. 1400 dollars of damage later and my truck is in the shop now being repaired. The contractor stated he will pay the deductible and we can all move on, okay fine. Here's the kicker....

The contractor has not paid the deductible to the repair shop as of last night and when I text him about it he catches a case of the arse and says he will pay half and I can pay the other half!! This dude has lost his mind. I was not in the truck, at the house, or even in the same town when he wrecked my truck. How he goes from a very sincere, apologetic,,worrisome guy to a complete douche is beyond me. My biggest mistake was paying him his money for his brick work but at the end if the day that was,the right thing to do I suppose.

Looks like now I'm going to have to file a civil suit against him and come out of pocket 500 dollars to have my truck fixed which is completely absurd to me. OH and by the way, a little warning to all my TX brothers. If you give someone consent to use your vehicle and they cause damage to it, YOU are responsible. The claim will go under your policy and in this case, an at fault incident is in my file. Been arguing back and forth with both insurance companies for a week and still can't wrap my head around this incident being my fault and going on my policy!!

Both doors and nfab step jacked. Without my truck for a week, and its spring break!

sent from my ipad2 via a wireless network which usually sucks
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

Wow calling that a scratch is very misleading. Sounds like he has some serious accountability issues. Not much constructive to say here.
    -Jake

That sucks so bad. If he doesn't pay you oughta Angie's List him so hard!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

Quote Originally Posted by jpetty3023 View Post
    How he goes from a very sincere, apologetic,,worrisome guy to a complete douche is beyond me.

My biggest mistake was paying him his money for his brick work
    You answered your own question in the first sentence with the second one. You should have covered your deductible from his payment.

But, hindsight is always 20/20 and good folks take people at their word. Unfortunately, I've learned the hard way (such as this) that people's word today isn't worth crap. Neither is a handshake, blood bond, contract, etc. Most people simply suck when $$ is on the line.

He does realize what you do for a living, right? Maybe let a few of your patrol buddies know what's up. I'm sure his work truck may have a tailight that isn't working or maybe his crew isn't 100% "legal." Don't get mad - get more even.

I like the way you think Drew. It's a little scary, but I like it.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

With some experience behind me, I would pay out of pocket for that repair. Insurance companies are looking to raise rates anyway possible.

It sucks when people won't do the right thing. However, I feel that in the end, everything will work itself out for everyone.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower220 View Post
    With some experience behind me, I would pay out of pocket for that repair.
    EXCELLENT ADVICE! Especially since you're soon to add a young, male driver to your policy.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post

He does realize what you do for a living, right? Maybe let a few of your patrol buddies know what's up. I'm sure his work truck may have a tailight that isn't working or maybe his crew isn't 100% "legal." Don't get mad - get more even.
    I'm with Drew on this one. I know how you cops can be...get even!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

do better than get even.

get MORE even.

All the talk about getting even is great but remember, people are NUTS. Don't turn it into an obvious battle. He knows where you live and has been around your house and family. $500 isn't worth it.

Any chance of claiming a hit and run or uninsured motorists? I had a lady back into my truck here at the office, left a note, said she would do the right thing ... once i asked for money she was gone. I filed an uninsured motorists, paid the deductible, and moved on.

... and yea, thats a little more than a scratch.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded