Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yearly service?

Default Yearly service?

Ive been searching through all the threads and cant seem to find any about typical yearly servicing. This is the first time I'm having to de-winterize my boat since I bought it. Just trying to find out what i should replace/service as far as typical yearly servicing goes. Fairly new to the boating/ moomba scene. Thanks.
    Goose
    -2002 Mobius LSV 350 indmar assault FI

Default Yearly service?

Oil and filter change if you didn't do it at winterization and replace your impeller...should be pretty much turn key after that I think. If I missed anything I'm sure someone will chime in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Most change Transmission and Vdrive fuild yearly.

You can download a manual if you dont have one.. http://www.moomba.com/downloads/

The owner's manual will have some clear guidance. If you did not winterize it, remember to hook up all of the hoses that were disconnected. Most of your fluids should have been done at winterization, but if not, do them now. Replacement of items is generally done on need/hours.

Don't overlook maintenance on your trailer.
    1997 MasterCraft 205

2008 Moomba Outback
    1999 MasterCraft Sportstar OB
    1992 MasterCraft 205
    1999 Malibu Response LX
    1987 Marlin Magnum Skier

Oil n filter every 50 hours or in the fall (every 25 hours if all you do is sacked out surfing). Transmission ,v-drive, fuel filter,impeller,spark plugs every 100hours. This is in a perfect world. All fluids should be checked regularly is probably on of the most important items as it will tell you problems by colour or level change. Spark plugs will most like last 200 hours or more , an impeller with a water strainer will easily last 3-4 seasons. Tranny and vdrive fluids will probably last 3-4 seasons as well. Of course all this depends on the type of usage and frequent monitoring.
    You have an 02 so I would change everything so you know it's all new. I wouldn't trust what the previous owner said or even the dealer unless you know them closely. I know I will get flack for some of the above but I know the interval on some of these items by some people aren't even how frequently they check them. If your a DIY , once you've done the procedures you'll do them regularly. I suggest keeping a log of service then you'll know when the last time you changed your tranny fluid. .02
    09 21v LAUNCH

99 Outback LS. Sold

run your engine after you change your oil
    68 th Member. WS420,HSE Revolution, OJ 466, Acme1157,1100 sacs,Kicker HLCD's n IX500.4, Supra Coolies
    Doug

Default Yearly service?

Check the engine alignment and transmission/vdrive mount bushings. I do 50hr engine oil, 100hr vdrive and Trans, 100hr fuel filter, clean my K&N air filter every 100hrs., 100hr impeller, and hit the rudder with lube every 100hrs. (should see a cable with zirk fitting laying on hull under engine in the stern.
    100 hours is an average year for me so basically I do all the 100hr stuff once a year. I also check for lose screws and bolts, particularly on hinges and the swim platform.
    And build one of these:
    -Jake

Thanks alot for the input guys.

Beat Taco- what exactly is that?
    Goose

Default Yearly service?

A fluid changing cart I made last fall. Pump, battery, bucket to catch the old fluid. Really makes extracting old fluid easy. I used air tool fittings to make different ends I can attach to it.

-Jake

Yea that looks pretty awesome. Im deff going to have to take a look into that one man. That thing looks pretty awesome
    Goose

Do I need to drain the prestone i put in the hose and engine last year when I did my winterization before running the boat this summer?