Default GoPro on V2 Tower?

Anybody tried to mount a GoPro on a V2 tower? I like the idea and was looking at it yesterday. I'm not sure how it would work though. The bimini lies directly on top of the tower so I would not be able to mount the camera facing up. Could you use the roll bar mount and hang the camera from the tower bar?

I don't have a GoPro yet but I think I'll be picking up the GoPro 3 silver sometime soon.

Thoughts?
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Should mount on tower using the roll bar mount. I have the Silver. Go to Youtube and type Jack Beams. Go to third one down and you should see a dark pic of me. Click on that and look at skiing and wake boarding. That was with the GoPro Silver and see what you think.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Jack your videos are the reason I'm trying to figure this out. I love the perspective and clarity of your videos. The V2 tower just poses some obstacles and I don't think the roll bar mount will work on it. The tower isn't really round and the bimini sits directly on top of the crossbar. I need to just but the camera and figure it out.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

I am thinking that you can buy acouple of extensions for that and the camera might set up a little higher.
    Jack Beams
    '05 Outback DD
    325HP EFI Indmar

Ron,

if you want to take video of slalom and you tow from the ski pylon, you could mount to the tower tow point and vice versa for surfing. The suction cup and wrist mounts are pretty versitile and you can find quite a few spots to mount the camera when you have time to fool around with it. You can buy different/additional extensions, etc. so that you can manipulate the angle, etc.

WakeVideo.com has tower and pylon tracking camera mounts - you can get a "tripod adapter" to use for mounting the GoPro on the WakeVideo mount.
    Richard (LakePerson1952)
    2010 Moomba Outback - Loving it!

I was thinking of mounting the camera under the bimini since the bimini rests on the V2 tower. What I wasn't sure of was if the GoPro had the ability to film upside down. I've since confirmed that it does so I'm not so worried about attachment points. I need to pick one up this week so I can play around with it this weekend.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Yeah, filming upside down is no problem. It's watching the upside down stuff that throws you off.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    Yeah, filming upside down is no problem. It's watching the upside down stuff that throws you off.
    Can't you just turn your iPad over?
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron