Default Anybody clean their boat cover

Mine is filled with dust and dirt. Any efficient and easy way to wash it?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

I cleaned my old one before i sold it. I used several Micro fiber towels, and 50% Totally Awesome spray. Then i resprayed it with 303 when i was dont to help protect it from the sun.

Several times a year i will also wash it down while its on the boat since i part the boat on the RV pad most of the summer. I just spray it and use a car wash brush and car wash soup. Scrub it and rise it. I spray the 303 every couple washes.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I have washed my cover once. I took it to the self serve laundry mat and put it in the big heavy duty washing machine, like $8 in quarters. I used regular soap. Then semi dried it in a dryer, then laid it out to dry completely. I was happy with the results.

Although I have the older grey cover. I am not worried about waterproofing, as my boat is garaged, and the cover is mosty to keep the dust out during the winter.

I doubt this technique would be recommended. Probably removed any waterproofing. But it did smell nice for a while.
    Last edited by Hoopskier; 03-24-2013 at 12:12 AM.
    2003 Outback, Assault EFI, (6) Polk Audio DB651s, JL Audio M6600 amp, JL Audio M1700 amp, JL Audio 10w6v2 subwoofer

I laid mine out in the driveway once and pressure washed it.. if you can get it in one of those large washers, I think that is the best option
    Brad

2011 Launch 21V Sold... boatless replaced with a Jeep JKUR
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV sold
    2004 Outback sold

I washed mine once on gentle cycle and let it air dry. I then sprayed some water proofer that is used with Gore-Tex jackets just in case. I now keep my boat covered under a 30x20ft tarp so I'm not too worried about the water proofing. You could always take it to the car wash and pressure wash it while its on the boat?
    2011 Supra 21V
    2012 Tundra SR5 Crewmax
    Wetsounds Icon8's

You could always take it to the car wash and pressure wash it while its on the boat?
    I wouldn't advise that - too easy to blow a hole in it. Laying flat on the driveway will give enough support/backing that you're less likely to destroy it.

I pressure washed the drive first, then laid out the cover and did that as well. Used a few saw horses and let it sit in the sun and drip dry. Put water repellent spray on it afterwards that was designed for canvas covers but can't recall the brand.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

I'm a lot more careful with my pressure washer since I did my wife's patio chairs. They were looking kind of mildewy black so I blasted 'em real good. They looked brand new again. Problem was the threads that hold the fabric to the metal disintegrated so they were clean but totally useless. I think the landromat washer would be the way to go, followed by some 303.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!