Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default LED Docking Lights?? Seadog? Attwood? Innovative? Something else?

I want to add some docking lights, (got caught late a few times last year) any suggestions on the following:

Seadog Stainless Steel Led Docking Lights SDG-4059501 Look a little cheezy in the photo

Attwood 6522SS7 Stainless Steel LED Docking Lights Cant quite tell in the photo about these

Innovatiove Lighting 585-0200-7 - LED DOCKING LIGHTS, S.S. Look nice, but more $$

I have some of the Attwood LEDs for the side that I am going to wire up along with the docking lights.

Soon as I am done with redoing the backyard and pool I am concentrating on the Moomba (already gave in and started subbing some stuff out!!) cause its almost that season!!!!
    Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head...

Eric.

Soooo... Nobody has any experience with adding any of these docking lights to a boat?

No one?

Come on! Someone has to know something about these different brands...

Eric.

Default Re: LED Docking Lights?? Seadog? Attwood? Innovative? Something else?

My 08 Outback had docking lights - they were completely pointless.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    My 08 Outback had docking lights - they were completely pointless.
    My 08 LSV had Docking lights and they were just a bling item. They didn't function well. You couldn't even tell they were on till you were almost on the trailer and by then its too late.

I'm looking more towards LEDs for the trailer to make it easier to see at night.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

If my boat didn't have them I wouldn't add them. They are hard to seal and let water in the bow, especially when running an IBS. And I've used them maybe once. Maybe if they were higher and brighter? Even still I'd probably find other things to spend the money on instead.

Curious - are you concerned about navigating obstacles in a channel - logs, deadheads, etc?

Anytime I've run at night any forward lighting has done more harm than good, at least if you are running at speed. I'd suggest getting a big old 2-3mil candle power spotlight and stash it in a cubby somewhere until you need it.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Curious - are you concerned about navigating obstacles in a channel - logs, deadheads, etc?...
    No, just coming into the docks later than I should. Our local lake kinda blows for getting smooth water and we usually end up pushing it time-wise to catch the late water settling down. It's about a half hour jaunt to the docks from the cove and we end up coming into the unlit docks in the dark. My old '03 Natique had em and they did help. I did mount some lights on my tower late last season and I was surprised how much they helped at the docks and just want to add to them.

Eric.

my 07 has docking lights and they do help when extremely close to dock but other than that they aren't very bright. I personally would not retro-fit them. Not worth it imo.
    I'd go with forward facing lights on the tower if you really want them to be functional.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

Our '08 has them, we use them so I can sit in the bow when we are coming in and watch the small fish dart around... but I honestly do not think they have much more function than that. I think the are cool though.
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

id say trailer lights..i saw a video of the axis trailer at night in the water and it looks like a lit runway haha..i might do that for my trailer
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)