Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

no i got mine 450.2 off this forum .

I have bought used on ebay though, good luck there.
    here is one to watch
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/KICKER-ZXM45...item4ac25a7b6d

the two channel can run at 2 ohms if you want to add two more speakers without running four sets of wires into the tower like a 4 channel will require, build for expansion, this group will pass on the upgrade bug at some point. its an aweful disease...LOL
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    I would think there is going to be some musicality (if thats the right word) difference when you go from a 6.5" speaker to an 8" speaker. The Icons might be out of the budget after you add the amp but maybe not. The other two are smaller speakers.

I'd be interested to hear from someone who has heard the JL 7.7's you mentioned. That's a larger speaker at a pretty good price. Also consider whether or not you are going to want to upgrade to additional speakers in the next couple years, if so, consider getting some you would like to have 4 of so you can keep these.

I don't mind my speakers not swiveling.

I have the JL7.7's in the Aerial Cans. The look and style sold me initially. I picked them over the JL650's to get a better mid-range. Pretty Pleased with them. Although I am running them with a Kicker 300.2 and think they could use a little more power. I can hear them fairly well when wakeboarding, but do imagine there are many better at projecting all the way back. All in all very pleased for the cost.

Reminder note to anyone with an OZ tower that you must mount them on the sides(near where the Grommets are) or they won't pass the windshield and I/P when folding down the tower.
    Matt
    New Boat-2012 LSV
    Original Boat-2004 LSV

**** update ****

i found that amp for sale but it is not a marine audio amp

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...r-KX550.2.html

would you guy go with that to drive me exile sxt 65 (125w each)

Default Best quality/price tower speaker kit

That's an old one, new model looks like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2064KX4...-4.html?tp=115
    Jeff

2012 Outback V

bhowell was selling a harpoon in the "classifieds" section. That would leave you room for expansion.
    https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....00x2-or-1000x1
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo

Quote Originally Posted by wakeboy View Post
    **** update ****

i found that amp for sale but it is not a marine audio amp

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...r-KX550.2.html

would you guy go with that to drive me exile sxt 65 (125w each)
    That model was discontinued in about 2007, but would be solid power. it would deliver 205W rms to each speaker and deliver 138W rms to each if you added a 2nd pair

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelskier View Post
    That's an old one, new model looks like this: http://www.crutchfield.com/p_2064KX4...-4.html?tp=115
    This new KX series is not any where close to the previous KX series. The old KX line evolved into the ZX line, which is still around. The new KX line is a full-range Class-D and shares a lot with the Class-D KXM marine amp getting ready to release. This particular KX400.4 would do 200W x 2 when wired in bridge mode, but no room for expansion to a 2nd pair.

The Kicker IX500.2 would be a perfect 2 chnl for the SXT-65 @ 125W x 2 with room to add a 2nd pair. Full-range Class-D efficiency. Its smaller and 60% more efficient then a Class-A/B.

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    That model was discontinued in about 2007, but would be solid power. it would deliver 205W rms to each speaker and deliver 138W rms to each if you added a 2nd pair

This new KX series is not any where close to the previous KX series. The old KX line evolved into the ZX line, which is still around. The new KX line is a full-range Class-D and shares a lot with the Class-D KXM marine amp getting ready to release. This particular KX400.4 would do 200W x 2 when wired in bridge mode, but no room for expansion to a 2nd pair.

The Kicker IX500.2 would be a perfect 2 chnl for the SXT-65 @ 125W x 2 with room to add a 2nd pair. Full-range Class-D efficiency. Its smaller and 60% more efficient then a Class-A/B.

yeah i know but my friend is selling it to me for 50$ so that was my concern if not i'll go with a kicker KXM amp

i was worrying because this is not an marine amp but it will be in safe place that water can't go so ...
    Last edited by wakeboy; 04-04-2013 at 04:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelskier View Post
    should i look for the newer model or the old one is fine?

I had a zx non marine amp zx 450.2 for the towers, i just kept it high on the rack no water problems unless you are in a real high humidity area.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by wakeboy View Post
    yeah i know but my friend is selling it to me for 50$ so that was my concern if not i'll go with a kicker KXM amp

i was worrying because this is not an marine amp but it will be in safe place that water can't go so ...
    Sorry, did not realize you had a private sale lined up. Since you linked to an online retailer, I thought you where looking online to purchase. If your friends amp works, then take it for $50 and rock it till it dies. The KX550.2 will be solid power for them. Just run it in High-pass tuned to about 125hz and you should be good to go.

We use a lot of non-marine amps when there isnt a marine amp thats fits the needs to of the build or the budget. In a fresh water trailer boat, you should not have any issues as long as the compartment is allowed to vent when the boat is stored and there are now drip or drain hazards above where you plan to install the amp.