Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have been skiing 30+years, picked up wakeboarding in the last 10 years and now loves to surf. With a wakeplate and a little weight up front, I am pleasantly suprised by how good the wake is on an LSV. No, not great and it will never stack up to a dd ski boat. but, for 90% of the population, I have no problem with it.
    DDNorCal
    2019 Supra 450 SL, 1,000 lb lead and 3145 prop
    Sold - 2006 LSV 3430 Ballast, 1847 Prop, all around great boat

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    We ski behind ours regularly, more than we wakeboard. We surf a lot too and we love the size and openness of the boat, something you won't get in a direct drive. We are not tournament skiers by any stretch. I agree with the take a demo ride if you can. That's the only way to know for sure. If you do demo try adding some ballast to the middle bag and see how it affects the wake.
    I have been wondering this or a while. I just added an IBS to the LSV and wondered if I could fill that and leave the rest of the boat empty to flatten out the wake for skiing. I haven't had a chance to set this up but does anyone else run with this weight configuration. I figured it would be all about balancing out the weight distribution in the boat right? You said to fill just the ski locker so I figured that the IBS would be even better in this case.

Default LSV as a ski boat

That & put the wakeplate down.

Default LSV as a ski boat

I don't have an IBS in mine yet so I can't comment on that yet. It does seem to flatten out the wake a bit with the ski locker filled though. Honestly I don't always remember to fill it so I'm not sure if it makes a huge difference or not.

Here's another question for the slalom guys that makes a huge difference. What speed and length?
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

I'm no pro ,but if i get the chance to chase a few bouys i'm all over it. Would i want to try to ski a course behind a LSV? Absolutely Not... But for the occasional open water ski,yeah go ahead. I have skied behind one once,once only as my boat was available so ,so the choice was quite simple.

If your only looking at recreational skiing it will be fine. LSV's are an awesome Wakeboard and surf and cruise boat but suffer as a ski boat.

I have skied behind a couple VD's and i was actually quite surprised by one in particular. An older X1,based on the prostar hull. I have not skied behind the OUTback VD as its considered the CROSSOVER boat...Another VD that is supposed to be HIGHLY rated is the Nautique 200Sport but that a whole different story.

Definetely gonna depend on your priorites. Good luck on your choice.
    07 Outback DD