Default Endless Wave wakesurf tour

So, now a second "tour" has emerged on the scene.

http://endlesswavetour.com/

Obviously, I LOVE that more events are being scheduled and more focus is being brought to the sport, but I will admit my disappointment that the manufacturers can't better work together for the good of the sport. My fear is that we end up with a situation similar to what happened with the Indy Racing League and CART in the early 90's or the NFL and USFL. Both situations weakened the overall product, IMO.

Its exciting to see we have this second event coming out. Please understand though, this is not concidered a Ranked Pro tour.

This is a Demo board and boat tour just like the Polar event.

Wake 9 has been doing the West Coast Open for a few years, and its just that, they have all the boards out from CMS <Cal Marine Sports> and they bring a couple demo boats, and Wake 9 supplies there Demo Tige Z3 and you get to surf and try things out.

The best part is you get to surf with the Tige Team riders and learn things, and this in its self is a competition but only within its 4 events.

This is really a big sales gimmick from Tige to get more people in there boats, and to show how they are pushing the Wakesurf sport forward. I am glad they are doing it, and i hope other manufactures get on board with it.

Sadly though, i was told something at the Polar bear event by 1 boat manufacturer and as i look at things from all the boat companies, something keeps ringing more and more clear.

What was said...Our boat company doesn't have the fancy pamphlets others have. We don't give demo boats to team riders. We don't even support team riders. We also don't have huge budgets to events, or advertising. We strictly build a quality boat and sell it at a fair price the average customer can afford it for.

This makes me think of the Big 3 and now 4 and how much money they spend on team riders, demo boats, events, and the likes that comes back to the huge price differences and this is why you see those boats at 15-30K more on average.

This wasn't SC who said this.

But more and more i understand why SC is on the stance it is with this type of thing.
    Last edited by mmandley; 03-22-2013 at 09:00 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Its exciting to see we have this second event coming out. Please understand though, this is not concidered a Ranked Pro tour.

This is a Demo board and boat tour just like the Polar event.
    No, it's not. It's a manufacturer-specific series of wakesurf competitions. In boxing terms, it's the IBF to the WBF.

These events will be run under the same scoring criteria as the CWSA events, have the same competitor classes, points will be awarded during the course of the series and winners will be awarded prizes at each event and at the conclusion of the tour. Nothing like the Polar Bear which is a "come out and have some fun demo'ing stuff and camp in Robert's backyard" weekend. Definately a great event, but not a competition.

BTW - team riders are not given boats. Maybe the top wakeboarding riders have earned that from some manufacturers, but it hasn't reached that level even with the top surfers. Discounts, free boat options, etc. might be had but no free boats. And, riders are required to meet certain obligations such as attending events, boat shows, dealer events, demo events, etc. Team riders, fancy pamphlets, etc. are all marketing and is what helps set the Big 3 ahead of the pack. Companies can either choose to work to stay at the head of the pack or enjoy the view of the big dog's rear end.
    Last edited by wolfeman131; 03-22-2013 at 10:05 AM.

Default Endless Wave wakesurf tour

^^. true dat

sent from my home phone
    Jason

Go Hard or Go Home.......it's MOOMBA time!!

2009 Moomba Mobius LSV

The Vision of the event:

The Tige Endless Wave Tour was not built to compete or replace other tours, events or sanctionings of the WWA. Rather offer up more opportunity to show case the sport of wake surfing. We've worked hard to insure dates did not conflict with other events in respect to the organizations and the riders. Allowing more opportunity for surfers to surf more event Amateur or Pro.

If you have any questions feel free to ask and I'll do my best to answer them.

Thanks and shred on...because thats what its all about.

Squid
    Squid's Wake Limited
    WWS Summer Shred Fest
    [email protected]