Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Yea whats up with that? LOL
    says the poster child for said statement
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    says the poster child for said statement
    Cant help it, i had to sell the old stereo with the LSV.

I'm just happy the Mojo had just enough stereo to be able to upgrade to the new one and not have to cut much out. Only had to cut in a couple tower speakers and cross over holes.

I will say, i do pay CASH for my stereo's and all my boating stuff. I only make a payment for the boat its self.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    is it better to be 70 and have no stories to tell? your only young and able to recover from physical abuse from things like wakeboarding for so long. take advantage of your youth, i dont want to be like my dad and say "i could do that too if i were 25" i want to be 50 one day and say, "i used to do that when i was 25"
    I like the way you think. Couldn't agree more with that.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

<---- 20something with a 50k boat and 50k truck. Don't forget that just because they're young does not mean they didn't bust their ass and earn every dime of it. I for one don't come from much just set my goals high right out of high school and am now reaping the benefits of the hard work. But, i wont lie, I'm probably far from the norm! Don't judge a book by its cover
    2014 SC350
    2012 LSV - sold

freshturk, you beat me to it. As another 20something with the same as mentioned above, the automatic generalizations that are almost always automatically placed on us can be little frustrating some days.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by tarheelskier View Post
    I am about to turn 43, I want to be 50 and STILL doing it!
    Amen Brother
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Quote Originally Posted by dusty2221 View Post
    freshturk, you beat me to it. As another 20something with the same as mentioned above, the automatic generalizations that are almost always automatically placed on us can be little frustrating some days.
    You two are a couple of punks spending Daddy's money and you know it.

J/K. Congrats on reaping the benefit of your hard work and dedication. Unfortunately, you are the exception rather than the rule when it comes to young guys in expensive boats. I hope you raise your kids to be like you as you will very likely have the opportunity to do the opposite. If you do everything for your kids they will do nothing for themselves.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Oh lord, the little one has a long way to go. She sold me a toy for $2.00 the other day, I handed her $2.00 exactly and she gave me $1.01 back as change. Trying to explain she owed me nothing did not go so smooth.
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold

Default Who are these kids?!?!

I see why you don't post on the supra forum much dusty!

Last year I posted the pictures from the Texas jam on the supra forum and it didn't take long for the hate to begin towards young people owning newer boats. I guess that's what you get on a forum where 80% of the members are 40+ and rocking boats made in the 80s...sorry Mike! Lol

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by rdlangston13 View Post
    is it better to be 70 and have no stories to tell?
    No way! I just wish that I could have afforded a wakeboarding boat when I was in my twenties. I got a house instead, way ahead of my friends. Then came the 18' runabout with small truck to tow it. Much later came the Moomba and towing upgrade, paid with cash. Frankly, I wish that I had done it earlier, despite not liking to carry debt. The job and my industry just were not stable enough to risk it.
    your only young and able to recover from physical abuse from things like wakeboarding for so long.
    That's why there is hydrofoiling.
    take advantage of your youth, i dont want to be like my dad and say "i could do that too if i were 25" i want to be 50 one day and say, "i used to do that when i was 25"
    I want to be 50 and be able to say "I'm doing what I couldn't when I was 25". That includes boating and being surrounded by women... who are 25 or so. Hate me if you like, but I'm a late bloomer and missed out on a lot in my 20's.

I do not have any ill feelings toward youngsters with good gear if they are using it to no detriment of those around them.
    Last edited by Ian Brantford; 03-14-2013 at 12:37 AM.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini