Default Teakgate anyone?

I am an avid YouTube'r and find all kinds of stuff out there. Has anyone else seen this video. Its a funny looking device but it looks like its working good for this guy. Anyone know if a company is making something like this aftermarket yet. I'm sure its only a matter of time. Anyone want to go into business together making these.

I would think that heavy aluminum plates would have been better but its not rocket science. I would think that someone is all over this idea but maybe you all know better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUwoFd4wOTs

its just a take-off from the OEM Malibu Surf-Gate option that was released last year!
    Same thing happened with the Malibu Wedge. Everyone trying to copy it and investigate the possibility of using a retro-fit to their boats. Only aftermarket wedge that I know of was the Switchblade but didn't see much in the way of use over the last few years? Maybe the Surf Gates will be different? I think the major issue will be the same as with the wedge and that is the reinforcement of the hull in the mounting area. If it is rigid enough to withstand the force and pressure of the water? I don't know if the new malibu's are built any different due to the option or not?

Pretty simple though and I think this guy did a good job with his as when in the closed position they seem to fit right into the angle on his swim deck!! It'd be nice to see a follow-up with vids of the wave and status update on any wear and tear on the hull.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

There are a bunch of videos on there with the wake and people surfing. I just wonder how much extra force would be put on the back of the transom. I would think that the transom on the moomba and supra boats would be reinforced because of the configuration of the swim platform. You can walk on the platform and there is no flex or anything. Its an interesting idea though.

Quote Originally Posted by viking View Post
    its just a take-off from the OEM Malibu Surf-Gate option that was released last year!
    Same thing happened with the Malibu Wedge. Everyone trying to copy it and investigate the possibility of using a retro-fit to their boats. Only aftermarket wedge that I know of was the Switchblade but didn't see much in the way of use over the last few years? Maybe the Surf Gates will be different? I think the major issue will be the same as with the wedge and that is the reinforcement of the hull in the mounting area. If it is rigid enough to withstand the force and pressure of the water? I don't know if the new malibu's are built any different due to the option or not?

Pretty simple though and I think this guy did a good job with his as when in the closed position they seem to fit right into the angle on his swim deck!! It'd be nice to see a follow-up with vids of the wave and status update on any wear and tear on the hull.

You can hunt down that guy's complete build story and in-water testing. He's got it dialed - speed controlled so they extend and retract automagically.

I'd still like to experiment with a gate once our water warms up just to see for myself...
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...