Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Default My Ballast Project

Great ballast setup! I have pretty much the same setup going into my 2008 LSV. Should be finished next week and I'll post pictures when it's all complete.

Brett
    2008 Mobius LSV "Casper"
    Indmar 325hp, Perfect Pass, Z5 Cargo Rack, Acme 1617 Prop, 4 Wetsound Rev8's, Wetsounds SYN2 & SYN6, JL Audio 10w6 subwoofer, JL Audio M650 in boats, white in-boat LEDs, white LED tower speaker rings, white underwater lights, Custom Ballast (Reversible pumps, Y-valves, IBS, 1100lb rear lockers, 400lb under seats)

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    Gaw wish i had known earlier, i got a factory 3 way manifold in the garage from the LSV.
    Mike,

I might take it off your hands if your looking to sell it. Let me know...
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Quote Originally Posted by moombahighrider View Post
    Mike,

I might take it off your hands if your looking to sell it. Let me know...
    i have one if your ininterested second pic.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....ighlight=Parts
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Nash,

Looking at your diagram, does the IBS sac need two drain pumps?

Another delivery from the brown wagon today...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1363300640.905869.jpg

Just waiting on another box with the hose/clamps/fittings/manifolds. Should be here Monday. This weekend would be PERFECT to do it since its going to be 72-75 degrees. Hopefully next weekend will be as nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SOLD! 2011 Mobius LSV 325HP EFI
    Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Board: '12 LF Harley (Monster) 139
    Her Board: '11 Ronix Krush 128
    Kids Board: '13 Ronix Vision 120
    Skate: LF Faction 44
    Surf: LF Custom Quad & XXX

Tow Rig:
    2011 Toyota Tundra CrewMax TRD Magnetic Grey
    3/1 Truxx Lift, and some other stuff...

Default Re: My Ballast Project

With a check valve & using reversible pumps, I haven't needed a drain on both sides, just one.

I have a check valve and reversible pumps. Only one pump for the center and IBS bags. I haven't decided if I am going to Y off the fill/drain line. I'm going to try it from one side and see how that works.

Digital Cruise Pro, Wakeplate, Kenwood KM550U and KCA-RC107MR x2, Kicker ZXM700.5, Kicker 6.5 Cabins, 10'' Kicker CompVT sub, Wetsounds SYN 4, Wetsounds REV10s, Wetsounds WS420Q, Gravity VI Surf Ballast, Acme 537

Tow Rig:

Ok got all my hoses run and installed yesterday. Unfortunately I will not be able to use the Fly High Distribution manifolds like I wanted. There is just not enough space behind the panel where the pumps are to fit them AND the pumps and I don't want to relocate the pumps. So I'm going to have to return them and exchange them for 3 Bosworth directional Y valves. Won't be as fancy as I wanted but it will do the job. I'll be so glad when Im done with this project! The last 4 weeks has been one project after another and I'm ready to just enjoy it all.

Tow Rig:

Last weekend I finished up the install when I received the Bosworth valves. And of course where I ended up putting them I could've used the manifolds so I may order them again later. I didn't snap any pics because the lens on my phone is scratched so the pics are bad. I'll take some with my wife's when she gets back in town and I'll put up some pics.

So anyway, got out on the water and my left rear pump wasn't pumping water. With the help of the board I determined it was the impeller. Spoke to Wakemakers on Monday and had my new impellers on Thursday. Installed them this morning and hit the lake this afternoon. Got in the water flipped tje switches and all is good!

That 1100 and IBS really made a difference too! At least it looks like it did anyway. I haven't ridden it yet but it looks Huge and the pocket is much longer than before. Had the wakeplate halfway up, 650 IBS, 400 in the floor, 400 under left seat, 1100 left rear, and filled the right rear about 500 or 40%. That made a huge difference when I filled the opposite side. Hope to ride it next weekend. Couldn't this weekend bc it was just me and my 3 year old daughter.

I'll post up some pics after the next time we go out.

Tow Rig:

Nash,

How easy/hard is it to cut out the cooler to be able to put sacs in that spot? And what did you use to do it? Also, are the coolers not really worth using!? I tend to like having plenty of "refreshments" On hand... Nothing worse than being halfway through your day and running outta drannnk 😢
    2004 Outback Blue on White *Sold
    2008 LSV Blue on White
    EXILED with 6 SX65-M in cabin & 2 XM9s rockin the tower
    2 Kicker ZX700.5 Amps powering the entire boat with 2 10" Subs under the dash
    Krypt KMA4200 EQ under driver's side dash to control all the madness
    Z5 Cargo Rack annnnnnnd She's NEKKKKED....

I'm no expert, I just read up on the Moomba Forum...